Scared what I am going to do this weekend...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Aurora Gory Alice, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I am going out tonight for drinks and a movie locally, and then out again tomorrow night to see an old friend for what is supposed to be just dinner - but I have a feeling drinks will come after.

Everyone who I talk to regularly on here knows that alcohol is pretty much the bane of my existence and although I wouldn't say I was an alcoholic, I cannot 'drink responsibly' when I'm trying to be social because anxiety gets to me and I end up drinking myself into a stupor.

I really don't know what to do, it's 16:45pm now and I'll be leaving here at 19:00pm. The person I'm meeting jokingly said "you're not gonna get legless are you?" and I said "no of course not", but truth is... I just don't know.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Just saw this...how did it go??? J

3. Aurora Gory Alice

Hey J,
    Hasn't happened yet. It's 5pm... 2 hrs to go. I'm actually scared to go out, how sad is that!
    I'm thinking about cancelling.

4. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

you should only do what you're comfortable with doing Linds. I would say give it a try though. maybe you could ask to avoid places with alcohol? they might understand.

5. Aurora Gory Alice

He doesn't want to drink - it's me who wants to drink. I insisted. I'm even sat here having a glass of wine right now writing this.

I actually don't think I would be able to stay if I didn't drink. It's a self medicating anxiety med without a doubt.

6. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

have you tried relaxation techniques?

deep breathing and all that jazz

if not try only bringing enough money out with you to buy a set amount of drink with a small amount of emergency money

no mun no fun lol

7. Aurora Gory Alice

I might try the deep breathing thing. The money thing never works though! You can always get booze even when you come up without your bag period. lol.

But I definitely need to find a way to not WANT to have to drink and to just relax.
    Right I'm about to leave. Strangely enough my Mum comes in and asks where I'm going, I just said 'out' she said "remember the last time you went OUT, well don't do that again". (I came home totally wiped, I was in a complete mess, my brother had to come get me, I was so wasted I didn't even know what town I was in, a guy at a taxi office called him and told him what sort of a state I was in and where I was).

Embarrassing as that was, and as ashamed of myself as I am for that, I feel like her warning me not to do that again has just pissed me off to the point where if I did do that again I'd probably blame it on her for killing my buzz before I went out.
    Man I'm an idiot sometimes. When will I grow up. *sighs*

I need to take note of my own signature.

8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Good luck tonight!

You're going to do what you're going to do... but try to listen to what has been said here and maybe try going without drinks all together! Either way, hope tonight goes well :hug: :heart:

9. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Only seeing this now Linds. How did it go? Give us the pros and cons of last night?

I hope it went well for you and I hope tonight goes ok too. x

10. Aurora Gory Alice

I got home like 15 minutes ago (22:15pm). Had two drinks, spilled the second one hahahaha, took that as a sign! I was only out for two hours though, couldn't handle being outside, especially not in a public area, I was just so anti-social this evening. Not myself at all, I barely spoke.
    Tomorrow will be weird. *sighs* not looking forward to that either.

I think Pedro said something about losing interest in talking to people, I so get that. I'm going that way also.

11. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

Some ideas

Hang in there sweetheart. I was also thinking maybe they have a spray for your tongue which might make alcohol taste bad. Or you could try drinking lots of water or juice. Fructose helps alcohol be removed from your system. The drinks also fill you up so you don't want to drink alcohol. You could also have mocktails.

Or you could make a resolution to quit drinking cold turkey, that can be your excuse when you go out, **** them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.