Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by undercoverlover, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undercoverlover

undercoverlover Well-Known Member

ive never attempted suicide before, but my girlfriend has. i love her very much and the moment i heard what happened i called the police. i thought she was going to get help for her depression and ptsd (which was previously diagnosed) but her mom denied all treatment for her and thinks its a "phase".
    im scared. really scared. she was happy for a while but without treatment everything triggers her and shes fallen back into suicidal thoughts and i dont know what to do. her school isnt of help either. shes tried everything. she has stopped self harming after i sent her some safe alternatives in the mail (she lives 800 miles away) but she still has thoughts of starving herself and suicide.
    if i lose her i dont know what the point of me living will be anymore.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

The school should have a councilor someone to help her with these thoughts Her mother does not want to see what is happening but it is her responsibility to look after her child
    You need to look after YOU hun and your schooling Let her parents take care of her or have your gf sign herself back into hospital
  3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi. I am sorry this is happening. like total eclipse, I wonder if a school counsellor could help. Sometimes parents are afraid for family secrets to come out. So they do not want their kid to get help. Other times they dont want to admit that things are not perfect in their family. I hope she can go to her school counseller.

Do you think your girlfriend would be interested in coming here? I know you want more substantial help for her. And I hope she can reach out for that. But coming here might be of some assitance as well. Ideally to help her to reach out to a guidence counsellor or local helpline. What help are you getting for yourself with all of this? please keep posting. As long as you need to.
  4. undercoverlover

undercoverlover Well-Known Member

Her school counselor, unfortunately, doesnt really do her job. she 'hires' 5 kids at the beginning of the year to do it for her and its hard to get ahold of her for an appointment. and im figuring with her mom, its something she has had to deal with before and is scared for her child. my own mom explained that to me when i talked to her about it.
    she might be. ive sent her a few helpful links from here but never recommended an account. ill see if shes interested.
    ive been seeing my therapist and doctor and shes been very helpful with some of my problems--the only thing is that she doesnt care for herself. she really needs to.
  5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

It is very hard to love someone who is in danger or cannot get the help she needs. its like a part of your heart is hurting or in danger and it feels like there is nothing you can do about it. It sounds like you are doing everything possible to help her but more important, to help yourself. In ala-anon they used to teach that sometimes the only way to help another person is to work on oneself. Then there is a greater chance that they will be inspired to take those steps for themselves. I am glad you are working on the aspects of it that you can. By talking with your mom. By working with your therapist and doctor. I hope she can find good help and support even though her mom is afraid. I know you are one smart person. I can tell from your words. Seriously. I would not just say it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.