Scared.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ellie Grey, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellie Grey

Ellie Grey Well-Known Member

I know it sounds so stupid but I'm terrified of being alone at night. I feel so sick and lonely, I don't want to be alone and left to my own devices, I've begged a relative to sit with me but he wouldn't so I'm on my own. I have distractions but hell I'm so bloody scared I want to cry.
    I don't want to be alone tonight.
    I feel so cold and no matter how hot the room is I can't get warm, I don't know why I'm feeling so bad tonight.

2. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Just remember that you're safe, no matter what your feelings might tell you.

3. HelgasAngel

HelgasAngel Well-Known Member

thats not stupid. not everybody prefers solitude.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun put radio on or leave tv on ok Have it set up you can call someone or they call y ou at a certain time Keep talking to us ok we will help you not feel so alone Is there anyway you can get out with a friend for awhile shopping or stay at a friends house for the evening

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I know it's not the same, but you can talk to me if you need company. Even if it's not right there, I'll be here for you. I get really scared at night too, because I have no one to talk to, well I usually don't anyway. So I know how scary it can get. But you aren't alone in this.

6. Much afraid

Much afraid Well-Known Member

Is today a significant date that's weighing on your mind? We're social beings and our solitude and isolation (whether we enjoy it or not) can be treacherous to us at night. Of course there's the flip side of having someone there who really isn't there for us. What would you be doing if someone was staying with you to keep you company? ♥

7. Duskhound

Duskhound Member

There's nothing stupid about being afraid when you're alone at night. Why do you think most people don't go out at night by themselves? Because it's freakin' scary!

But why is it scary? Why are we all so afraid of being alone in a dark place? Even taking away the dark, why do we fear seclusion?

Because being alone isn't fun either! It sounds to me like you need something extra in your life, someone who can be there for you when you need them, someone who can be your light in the dark, and someone who can make you feel warm and safe, especially when you're cold in a hot room.

Even when in a desert that's on fire, being alone can feel as cold as a tundra in a tube of liquid nitrogen, because there's two kinds of warmth we feel:
    1) Temperature: "That glob of liquid magma is f***king HOT!"
    2) Emotional: "That hug just melted my heart! HNNNNNNGGH"

And it seems pretty clear that like the holy diver who's been down too long in the midnight sea, you're missing that Emotional Warmth. You need to get closer to someone who is a genuine and warm person, and be with warm people more. They'll heat you up right quick if you let them.

And of course, even words on a screen can make you feel warm every now and again. You're never truly alone as long as you have people who care about you, and it's time to be with those people. Also, a warm cup of tea and some relaxing or upbeat music (Rainbow in the Dark? Hm? Hm? Anyone?) can help. But most importantly, find that person who will keep you from going off the rails on a crazy train and stay around with them for a while. And you are absolutely safe, even if you have a fear of the dark, because there are plenty of lights out here to protect you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.