scared

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by red_trail, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red_trail

red_trail Active Member

of going to the doctors becuase they are yet agian gunna diagnose me with depresion. i know it... and theyt have only just fucking diagnosed me with OCD... FFS... ocd and depression, might as well diagnose me with friggin suicidal feeling disease as well. whats the fukcing point anymore....

hugs xx :(

2. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

What's so bad about being diagnosed with depression? It's a very common illness.

3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

If you get a diagnosis, it enables them to know how best to help you get bettre.

what scares you about having a diagnosis?

4. red_trail

red_trail Active Member

i worry very easily. i duno. i dont like attention being drawn to myself... oh yeah, and my parents have vowed of it ever turns outi have depression i will get kicked out ebcuase THEY dont believe it is an illness... just attention seekers. i cannot tell them it is a normal thing. you see, depression WOULD ruin my life x

5. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

How old are you? If you are over 16 (in the UK at least), they don't need to know about any trips you take to the docs, likewise they don't need to know about meds, or therapists (unless you are deemed very high risk to yourself, as in about to kill yourself).

Do you know why you worry? That can be conquered and dealt with so that you worry less.

It also sounds like your parents are ignorant. To be honest, they sound like they are scared of mental illnesses.

Maybe the worry and the stress about your parents reaction, etc, is making things worse? Making you worry more?

Is there someone you can talk to? Maybe a teacher? Or colleague? Or employer or friend? Who could help supprot you emotionally?

6. red_trail

red_trail Active Member

thanks for the advice. i am 17 but i thought that with depression and suchlike they could still go sdtraight to the parents. meh...

i am gunna try talk to a teacher on monday and see if i can get some help becuase i just think that if i leave it too long im gunna be a lot worse than i am right now....

thank you again xx

7. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

They have to, by law, tell someone else if they think you will kill yourself, but with regards to depression itself, they don't have to tell anyone.

Going to a teacher is a really good idea becuase teachers can do a lot to help, obviously they can't give you meds but they can arrange counselling if you want it, and also cut you some slack on your schoolwork.

Well done for making that decision :)

8. red_trail

red_trail Active Member

i havnt talked to them yet but I will do... u ahve to understand its REALLY hasrd for me though... thanks for the advice...

9. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Of course I understand it is hard, if it were easy then no one would ever feel they need to keep it a secret.

Just remember that you are strong enough to do it and things can and will get better. And after you have done it, treat yourself to something positive.

Hang in there honey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.