Scared

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Evan1, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Evan1

Evan1 Member

Recently, I've been doing a lot of thinking. Thinking about the future and it scares me. My sister is 23 so it probably won't be long until she moves out or gets married. It scares me that one day she'll leave and I'll be alone. All this thinking started because my family is going on "vacation" this week. Although, it's not really a vacation for me. The whole time is just nonstop suffering, being forced to spend quality 'family time' which is mostly just hearing my mom complain the whole trip. The only thing I enjoyed was joking and having fun with my sister on these trips. But, this time, she decided to stay home. I'm scared because she's growing up. She's moving on. And it scares me that I depend on her to make this family bearable. One day, everyone I know is going to die. Possibly before me or after. I don't want to be around knowing that one day they'll just leave me. And I don't know why I cry so much thinking about this stuff. I shouldn't because its far into the future, but I still don't know why it's bothering me so much. Why can't I just live with it and move on?

2. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Hello Evan, I am Mox,

Welcome to SF and thank you for joining us. Thank you for sharing your story. I invite you to read my personal story in green below this reply. Know that when you are , you are SAFE. You are with friends. No one is going to pick on you or insult you. That behavior is not tolerated here at SF. The more of your story that you share the more we can help you. So do not be shy. This is SF "works" we all help each other out. If you are having a bad day do not hesitate to reach out to us for help. You will have your good days and your bad days; we are here for you. If you are like me , you stumbled across SF because you were looking for a way to hurt yourself. Are you suicidal? If not that is great. If you feel like you are suicidal then please go to the nearest ER and get the help you need. There is no shame in getting help.

I completely understand the future is scary. That is perfectly fine to be scared of the future. I understand you are scared of your sister moving out. That is a big change for you and change is also very scarey. It is ok to be scared of such a big change. You obviously care for her very much. I have a feeling she loves you too. I feel like the way you are feeling is perfectly ok, you are scared of the future and you are scared of change. That is ok. It is ok to cry, it is a healthy emotion it helps relieve stress you are feelings. I cry sometimes too, it is ok.

Maybe it would be a good idea to put how you are feeling down for a little while and do some sort of activity. Take your mind off things, that will help them become more bearable.

Don't be afraid to reach out if your having a bad day.

Take Care

3. cvb2377

cvb2377 Well-Known Member

I share some of the things your afraid of. I feel like I rely on my mother to much and I'm scared of the day she'll be gone. I don't think I'll be able to handle my grandmothers passing when it's her time but I keep preparing for it in the back of my mind. I also have a fear of being alone and the ones I love dying before me so I know how hard it is. Have you talked to your sister about your fears? Could she help ease your mind?

moxman likes this.
  4. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Wonderful Idea