Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Sa Palomera, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I know Im on a break from SF, but I just have to get this out. I"m so damn scared. Tonight something really scary happened :cry: I was driving in the car, on my way back from dropping a friend off somewhere and ok I was speeding a bit. More like crossed the speed limit, but I basically always do that when I'm in the car alone. And suddenly on the radio this song starts playing "Anouk - One Word" and my mind went blank. I was on the highway, driving like 140km/h and that song... well it just blanked my mind and next thing I know is I'm driving like 170km/h straight towards the crashbarrier. :cry: thank god I noticed what the fuck I was doing in time and I could avoid hitting it.. and thank god nobody's seen it since there was nobody on the road.
    But I'm so scared. What if something like this will happen again? :cry:

It was as if I was in this trance, didn't know what I was doing. you know like when you get REALLY furious, but then it was me being upset and crying. I'm so scared. I didn't tell any of my housemates and am definitely not gonna tell the landlord, cos it's his car.
    I'm so scared :cry: how the fuck could this happen?
  2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Honey know that things like this do happen. Ive blanked out while driving before not to that extent but I have. Maybe not listening to the radio or bringing a cd along that doesn't have any songs on it htat will trigger you or blank you know? I dont know what else i can say but if you need ot talk about it I'm on MSN. Be safe ester.

Oodles of hugs and kisses
  3. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

awwwww hun :sad: i dunno what to say really, but i know you do speed a bit, maybe watch it for awhile? just in case it does happen again. blacking out can also be medical related so you might wanna think about that.

im bloody glad your okay tho!!!

viks x
  4. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

There is something known as a microsleep, in which you got off into a temporary sleep during driving. This often happens long stretches of road, when your tired and so on...its quite common here when people go for long journeys on our major highways and dont have sufficient breaks...

But what you had I think was something differant, I remember listening to Mike Oldfield once and having a similiar experience, scary as hell. Its very unlikely to happen again Est, so dont get overly concerned about it.

Im just glad your safe and sound. :hug:
  5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Just put it down to experience hun and don't let it put you off of driving.
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

All kinds of things can happen when you are driving hun. It does not necessarily have to be a trigger or blackout or anything like that. Sometimes you get so totally caught up that you are inattentive to what is going on around you. i have done similar things before. Just like a hypnotic state. Not really knowing anything that is going on around me. Then suddenly I am aware and it scares me to death to see where I was headed. Just take care when driving hun. Slow down a bit and make sure you stay in the present. Keep your mind on the road and not on anything else. :hug:
  7. Sa Palomera

I wish I hadn't realized what was happening in time... :cry: I wish I'd hit that crashbarrier.
    I've done something wrong this night. Should quit the drinking. Can't do that no more. I'm just... empty. I can't do this no fucking more.

But I don't want to die :cry: :cry:
  8. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

:hug: :hug: Es

I'm glad you're alright :)

9. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Est hun, im glad you didnt hit that barrier, you have no idea how glad i am. Im sure what ever you feel you've done wrong it can be sorted out. You can cut down on the drinking if you want, you've done it before. You can do it again.

IF you don't want to die then you need to get help, i know i've said this a million time and im gathering that your finding it annoying but this aint gonna just go away overnight, you need to work at it by getting some help. I know you've said you will after you've sorted out a job and such, but think about it, how are you gonna hold down a job if your feeling like this??

Here if you need me,

Missing you lots and lots

Viks xxx
  10. Terry

What you been doing Est? Maybe you should ease up on the booze and not cut yourself off quite as much as you have been doing.
  11. Sa Palomera

i'll keep cutting off
    more and more
    am not gonna ease on the booze. In fact I'll drink more and more and more and more.

take care
  12. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

hun, your having a bad time, you've told me so many times have you told me that you need to cut down on the drink. You even said in you need to quit, whats changed??

What happened last night?

13. bombeni

bombeni Guest

Sometimes I pull into my driveway at home, after work, and don't even remember driving home! Other times, I have gone wayyyyyy past the exit for my house and ended up 30/40 miles out of the way. Sometimes we do go into a trance and go on autopilot. I would definitely say any type of heavy drinking though is probably having a lingering effect on your alertness. Consider this a lucky warning.
  14. Terry

Est what the hell is going on!!!! Your emails are beginning to worry the life out of me!!! Please let one of us know what is happening.
  15. Sa Palomera

Don't worry.
    I won't send emails anymore.
    I'm fine.