Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by qwerty098, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qwerty098

qwerty098 Active Member

Last october i went over to a friends i hadn't seen for a while. I thought e just wanted to be friends... how wrong could i have been... he tried to get me to do stuff and when isaid no i hit me and said i ad to i said i dont have to and he made me... sorry to only say briefly about it , it's a really hard topic to talk about.

I thought i just about got over it but .. i didnt. i think i was tryig to cover it up. Now i have a boyfriend. I know he would never do such a thing. He's gentle, loving and always there for me.

But recently when we are alone i get scared hes going to do the same and i get nervous and the flashbacks come.

Can somebody help me?
  2. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

Hi qwerty098,

I'm sorry to hear what happened last October.

The hardest thing to do when u have been hurt in this way is to dissocaite what happened then to the here and now...when you start to feel nervous remind ur self of the date and time, look out the window, try and focus on what's happening here and now. Its the same when you have a flashback, u have 1-2 minutes to break the memory that is about to surface - this can be banging ur feet, clapping ur hands, changing positions, standing up and walking around, putting loud music on and singing...I will post something called Emotional Trauma Memory (its long but very useful)

Have you received any counselling to help you?

If you ever need to talk, u can pm me anytime

Thinking of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.