Scared

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ScaredBrother, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScaredBrother

ScaredBrother New Member

Hey,

I found out today that my brother tried to kill himself last week. He lied and told all of us that the overdose was accidental (first he said it was a drug interaction and then he said he was just being careless). He went to the psychiatrist yesterday (they scheduled an appointment for him after he got out of the hospital last week) and told her he had tried to kill himself. He's in the emergency room now waiting for a bed in the psychiatric ward. What can I do? I feel helpless. If someone else was trying to hurt him, I could beat the shit out of them. How do I protect him from himself? Is he going to try it again?

Help.

2. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

welcome to SF :hug:

sorry to hear that your brother has attempted this.. the most important thing you can do is be there for him.. let him know you love him and dont want him to hurt himself.. i am glad to hear that hes getting help and that he has told someone hes suicidal.. that part of him wants to live and that part of him is the part that you talk to... the part that wants to live.. please view some resources from some of the links here on how to help someone who is suicidal.. also if you can and its allowed try being with him in his treatment sessions this will show him that you care and understand..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.