Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Puzzled, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puzzled

Puzzled Member

I've been badly depressed for 2 weeks now, and I'm starting to get a little scared about my health. Its moved from my mind to my body now, and I need to know if any of these symptoms are serious.

Chronic High Heart Rate / Pounding Blood Vessels (Blood Pressure?)
    Sudden Increase in charlie horses
    Chronic Eye Pain
    Chronic Headache
    Inability to Cry
    Bouts of shaking
    Completely out of it (the feeling that you just came off anesthesia)

I've had sparse chest pain, and occasionally feel an extreme sensitivity to temperature. (hot is too hot, cool is too cold.)

Please tell me if you know anything, I'm getting a bit scared.....
  2. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

I have those same symptoms. I don't think its anything serious, it might just be your body reacting to the depression. But if you do get any worse then you should consult a doctor.

It's hard to be healthy when you hate yourself.
    For the last few months I have been letting myself go.
    I don't care for what I don't love.
  3. underthestars

underthestars Active Member

I get almost those exact same symptoms though my neck hurts as well.

It might help to journal your symptoms,what triggers them, how exactly you feel and when they seem to be the most severe and watch what you eat to. A simple thing as a candy bar can make them least that whats ive found.

Hang in there...if you ever need anyone to talk to,i'm here
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Yes depression and anxiety can definitely cause you to have physical symptoms. I had several of the ones you listed for years. They finally got the right combination of meds to help me.
    Have you discussed this with your doctor. Speaking of your doctor when was the last time you saw him and did he prescribe meds? It takes a while because it is a trial and error type situation to see what works and what doesn't.
    I don't know you or your doctor, but he may want you to go in the hospital. This isn't because your crazey, it is so they can monitor the changes made. Don't be afraid to go. It helped me, but everyone is different. I hope you get the help you need. Good luck!!!!!!:chopper:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.