scared.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by iclarinet, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iclarinet

iclarinet New Member

i've never considered suicide until today. and i'm very scared.

im a senior in high school. my grades are going down the drain, i have payments that i simply cant afford and im trying to keep up with school and i just cant.

i feel overwhelmed.

whenever i talk to my mom about it, she gets all stressed out and i feel like i can't talk to her which is sad because we're so close.

ive cut myself several times, but i've never wanted to actually die until today. i considered suicide as a valid option...what do i do?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I know you mom seems all stressed out but calmly ask her if you can just talk to her. If need be write down how you are feeling and ask her to get you some help if she cannot help you. You can also call your gp and make an appt to talk to him\her about how you are feeling You need to talk to someone okay
    You can talk to your school councilor that is what they are there for and explain why your marks are dropping she can help you talk to mom and others.

Don't keep this inside okay talk to your councilor at school with you mom she may be frazzled but she would never want any harm coming to you hugs

3. iclarinet

iclarinet New Member

im scared. i dont want to talk to my school counselor...theyd send me to crise 6...i dont belong in a mental hospital, i just need someone to understand?

again. ive never considered actually killing myself until tonight...just taking a bunch of sleeping pills...and never waking up. im not going to do it, but the fact that i even thought about it scares me...

4. plshelpme

plshelpme Well-Known Member

hey

total eclipse is a genius...
    write it down...it's easier to clearly convey what you are trying to say...and tell her that you NEED HELP...so she can help you get the right treatment...

and, if you think you don't want to write it down to tell your mom, write it down for yourself (i send emails to myself...it's much safer than having a piece of paper with my darkest thoughts floating around for the wrong ppl to find)...basically, keep a journal...it's therapeutic...

further, i REALLY DON'T THINK school counselors will send you to a hospital...are you in america??? if you talk to school counselors, tell them what you said here...tell them this is the first time you have ever thought about it...explain all the stresses in your life...and they will just talk with you, in strict confidence...they will not send you to a mental hospital unless you are at serious risk of hurting yourself or somebody else...which by what you posted, you're not at all...

get help sooner rather than later...you won't regret it...

hang in there...high school is a crazy time...especially senior year when everything is about to change in the near future and you don't really know what's going to happen...

5. iclarinet

iclarinet New Member

yes im in america. but where i go to school...they try to cover things up?

the counselors are mainly there to help you with college decisions, not emotional problems.

but im going to talk to my mom...

6. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

when you say your mom gets all stressed out about it, do you mean she's stressed and doesn't want to talk about it, or do you mean she gets really worried?

if she gets really worried, I think that is just unavoidable

yeah, I think school guidance councilors mainly deal with college decision making. I suppose that you could talk to them about what is going on, but they would probably just refer you to someone else

do you have insurance that would cover therapy? can you see an md about getting meds?

you can talk to us here and tell us more about what is going on if you want to.

also, you might want to check out

www.befrienders.org for a list of suicide hotlines

7. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi Sarah. Welcome to SF. I'm a high school teacher and I'm sorry to hear that you're considering suicide as an option. School can get stressful, but you have to be strong and take it one day at a time. Do the best that you can, and if you don't do well, then you can always take a make up course. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.