Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by spiritxfade, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiritxfade

spiritxfade Well-Known Member

My meds have been working. I don't feel as depressed. But I still want to cut, sometimes. I just want the feeling of it....

It's scary. I never cut that often, but now I just want it.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

better talk to your doctor about this okay see what therapy you can get to stop these urges okay hugs.
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Yes, talk to your doctor and also know that you have to express what you feel...then you are less likely to use SH as a of luck...J
  4. Cerulean

Cerulean Member

It's good that you're feeling less depressed. Do you think you could try using some distractions or alternatives when you feel like you want to hurt yourself?

I agree that it would be a good idea to talk to your doctor about it, they might be able to suggest something that would help you with it.
  5. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Does the elastic band on the wrist help? X
  6. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

I know you think it feels good when you cut your skin but I just think you should keep taking your meds and I'm glad its working thats a good thing

But please resist the urge to cut
  7. spiritxfade

spiritxfade Well-Known Member

thanks for the support, everyone....

i'm trying not to think about it too much.

unfortunately....things that remind me of the want to do it pop up when i least expect it.

Take while trying to read Rocket Boys as an example. :/
  8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

when triggers happen try to change what you are doing okay go to a different room even it will help stop the urges hugs
  9. Cute_Angel_Xx

Cute_Angel_Xx Account Closed

Hey, so glad to here you are trying ever so hard to stop. My (EX) couseller said that things do take time we just have to keep repeating it until our bodies are used to doing it :hug: x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.