Scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Do you ever wake up and for no apparent reason your scared?

Nothing has happened out of the ordinary (same shit different day), but from the moment you open your eyes you have a sense of panic, dread and well just plain fear.

Woke up with it this morning and it's become entrenched. Stomach in knots, shaky hands... scared scared scared.

Everything, the slightest thing is making the dread worse (for God's sake my mother coughing is freaking me).

If you have had this...how do you deal with it and make it go away ???

:unsure: :unsure: :huh:

B

**BeautyIsThin**

Yeah, I get that sometimes. Only it's more to do with food. I wake up and I get a horrible fear, even more than usual, of any food. It gets so bad sometimes that I will be sick as soon as I get up, even though theres nothing to bring up.

B

**BeautyIsThin**

I don't really deal with it. I just don't put anything in my mouth. At all. I don;t go in the kitchen. I don;t go anywhere near food. I normally stay in my room where I know it's safe. Maybe you could go somewhere you know is safe and comforting. Like your bed and wrap your duvet around you or something.

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Wish I could just hide in the bed, but that makes everyone in the house freak so have to act like nothing is wrong.

twilight

I know how you feel. Today was especially hard because I have not been getting that much sleep lately. I wish I could tell you how to get rid of that horrible panicky feeling but I can't seem to do it myself. It follows me around all day and sometimes it feels like I can barely breathe. The only thing that I can think of is therapy which is something I will be getting soon. I know that it might not work but at least there is a chance that something might change for the better.

N

nothing-

About a month ago I woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn't breathe. I finally got a breath in and it was so strained I thought I was going to choke to death. It was one of the scariest things I've ever had happen.

I have no idea what the problem was and it's never happened before then or since.

Yeah, I do. I just try and reassure myself, that my feelings aren't so....that it'll be okay, I talk with my DBT therapist about it and he walks me thru things...also writing it down and posting helps me. Talk to a friend, try and focus on possitive things until the feeling fades.

If you would like to talk you can PM me. :hug: :hug:

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Happily the damn dread did fade this afternoon and the weird thing is when it went I actually felt more positive than I have in ages.

But God knows what triggered it...I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS !!!!

Awww, I am glad you are feeling better, made me feel happiness and that's something that doesn't happern often...I hope it keeps up.

Take Care :hug: :hug:

xan

Chat Buddy
I find taking control a good way, whatever that way might be, look under the bed and in the wardrobe, get hold of something that will defend you, lock your door...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00