Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by katy101, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katy101

katy101 Active Member

I dont know how to open up about being abused
    I dont want to post gruesome details, but i need to talk about it
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Katy,

I'm sorry you're hurting so much.
    You can talk to me about it if you like, My PM box is always open :arms:
  3. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Its hard to talk about the abuse we've suffered. its a big thing taht happened in our lives and we lock it away, or at least try to, but it stil has that hold over us.
    when your walking down the street and theres a stranger behind you, they're going to do something etc.
    its hard to say these things one on one let alone to a complete forum.
    i understand the battle your facing. i live it every day too. if you need a shoulder i'm here
  4. katy101

katy101 Active Member

i was abused by someone who was 14 and i was 5. he was our neighbours son. ive seen him around and hes living a 'normal' life now.
  5. flayflow

flayflow Well-Known Member

hey hun
    i was in a simular situation.
    i was 11 he was 22.
    he was a lifeguard. i got know know him and he gained my trust.
    then everything happened so fast...
    i know how it feels.
    feel free to PM me if u dont feel comfortable deccussing it in public
  6. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

It's a really hard and scary thing to do to open up about it, and knowing you need to takes a huge amount of strength.

When it comes to opening up, there are lots of ways to do it, you can do it with someone you know, or someone you don't, verbally, or written down, with drawings, or in any way you feel it would be easiest for you, because you are the important one here.

If you want to open up to someone you don't know then feel free to PM me, if not, that's ok too. The more you open up, the more you start to win because the less the abuse and the person/people who did it have a hold over you.

I hope by now you have managed to talk to someone, and I hope it helped.
  7. katy101

katy101 Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009
  8. katy101

katy101 Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009
  9. katy101

katy101 Active Member

Ive given up, all my dreams and hopes have slipped away from me,
    I wanted to have a family of my own and that will never happen for me
    I am too scared to be with anyone and i will never trust another human being with my life/love/ever again.
    ive been in treatment and ive talked about it for years and it wont get it out of me. It just wont or cant get out of me. im so full of hopelessness, grief and loneliness and depression. Im waiting for me to gain the courage to put me to rest and peace permantly.
    To all who answered my post thank you for your time I wish you all the best in your recoverys but I think im lost this time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.