scars and medical exam

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by aluv88, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aluv88

aluv88 New Member

okay, this is not exactly about SH itself i don't if someone has asked it before. i'm aiming for a foreign scolarship to japan and i'm really worried about the medical exams since one of the requirements is that you have to be "healthy both physically and mentally". i'm not cutting myself currently, but i have ALOT of scars on my arms, and they're pretty much visible :/ my biggest worry is what would happen when the nurse draws blood of my arm, since the japanese embassy choose the hospital where the exam will take place in and i guess they give them the formularies too. my question is, do you guys think they will write down something as 'not appropiated' or such? i don't know exactly how the medical exams works :/

have you have a similar experience with medical exams?

ps. mind you my lack of english skills, it's not my mother language XD
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I do not have direct experience with this, but I do know that the things we do not feel ashamed of and/or show our shame are things ppl are less likely to focus on...I would act like they were 'nothing' and if questioned provide can have something prepared to say if that arises...good luck with your studies...big hugs, J
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.