Scars are sexy?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Chase, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chase

Chase Member

Hi, I have self harmed for a while and now I'm finding scars on people rather... well... SEXY! :rolleyes:

Has anyone else felt this way, or is it just me?

2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I don't find them sexy. Actually, I very rarely see people in real life showing their scars but if I see someone with scars and I think they are caused by self harm then I feel a bit better knowing I'm not alone.

3. Chase

Chase Member

I must just be a bit weird (well actually, that's for certain, now I just have more proof!)

4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

No no.. that's just my opinion. You're not crazy for thinking that, I'm sure there's other people who feel the same way as you.

5. Come What(Ever) May

Come What(Ever) May Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say sexy, but beautiful in a sense sometimes. It gives you a little insight on the person. Something you can relate to.

6. koukou63

koukou63 Antiquitie's Friend

I hate my scars, they are in no way beautiful or sexy. But on other people I find them intruiging.

7. consciousinsane

consciousinsane Well-Known Member

Some people get professional scarring done. They make all kinds of designs very much like a tattoo. Personally I see scars as a story of ones life.

8. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I think of them like that too! it's like a book, they tell stories of sorrow and other things.

9. special_needs

special_needs Well-Known Member

i really dont think they are sexy. however, i dont know why but i look at them very often....

10. me_

me_ Guest

I don't think they are sexy. But I am intrigued by the fact that Charlie is your avatar. :biggrin:

11. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

Scars tell your life's story. They tell people about your life, and things that have happened. I like scars, and without mine I wouldn't be complete. My knee, that shows that I liked BMX riding when I was younger, the top of my right elbow, that shows that i had a depressed friend who was bored one day, that things go numb when you cut them after a couple of times, your body addapts. sides of my ancles, that I couldn't shave well when i first started. And my wrist. That i struggled with life. Without our scars we are not the same, without our scars, we are so very different.

I like scars, and i guess in a way i find them.. "sexy" as well.

12. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

i hate my scars. and i dont really have an opinion of them on other people. i dunno..

13. Chase

Chase Member

Perhaps I don't find them particularly sexy, but they do stimulate me and I find a greater attraction to the person. Perhaps I am comforted from the thought that I am not the only one. But I do love my girlfriends scars.

I'm probably the only one though.

14. altek001

altek001 Well-Known Member

i think i agree with that...it's a thing that not so many people have in common with each other that..yeah, someone you're interested in having that close a connection would probably be a turn-on for some people..

a girl i was with for a while cut as well..which kind of made me stop..y'know, gotta be the 'tuff boyfriend'...even when things got rough and tough and all that jazz..

be seeing you,
    - Henry

15. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I understand where you are coming from now. I feel very similar to that. :hug:

16. desperatio

desperatio New Member

i like scars on other people too, like already said, it makes me feel not alone. I can';t explane it but i think i kinda think it;s sexy too...

17. eva

eva Member

I personally hate seeing my scars, just reminds me more and more of the pain and everything else. My boyfriend doesn't look down on me when he sees them, but it hurts him to see them and see me putting myself through this when he can't do anything to help. So I don't think they're sexy, but I don't think anything less of the person like many people may when I see people's scars.

18. altek001

altek001 Well-Known Member

...yeah..they...tend to do that...and as their better half..you would hope that they wouldn't have to cut when they have you..but...

*sigh*
    ..i don't even know what i'm trying to say anymore..
    - Henry

19. eva

eva Member

But I know what you are trying to mean and I agree. I know it's hard for him to see me go through it but its me being purely selfish when I cut.

20. ero

ero Member

scars are very sexy in the right places. i have big ugly scars on my shoulders and upper arms. but one time i needed to feel beautiful, so i carved a heart into my hip bone. it was so nice to just watch the blood run down my leg. that scar is definately one i would consider sexy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.