Scars; People just might surpise you...happy story.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Bambi, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Hey all,

Our scars are a tricky topic to discuss with people we are just getting to know and I wanted to share one of the most positive experiences I have had to date with mine.

I went on a date with a young man, he was 23y and I am 43-so young young compared to me. Well about an hour into it he stated out of nowhere "You tried to kill yourself at one time didn't you?" I was stunned but chuckled and asked him how he knew and he pointed to my wrists and touched the scars so very gently.

Long story short I explained a bit about having a hard time and about my self injuring, he asked some very candid questions with such genuine caring and interest that I found it very easy to talk to him about it all. I told him that I still struggle but that I am basically a happy person. He shared witn me his similar battle with sadness/depression which he seems to really have a great approach and is dealing with straight on-no denial in this guy.

Well after talking a bit about it all he then picked up my hand and kissed my scars and said he was glad I was still alive! It was the kindest thing. Suffice to say my scars did not scare him off as he had seen them before asking me out and told me he just figured I was a deep and complex person that once didn't like life! Geez he made it sound like a good trait and my scars proof that I was a person of great emotional depth!

Suffice to say there is going be a second date and if he kisses anything more than my scars I ain't telling!

If you have a positive story too please feel free to share.

This guy is proof positive that there are people out there who understand and don't make assupmptions or judge.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yes there a kind people out there and i am glad you found one Bambi It only takes one positive kind person to help heal all those scars take care

3. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

im so glad you had a positive experience hun :hug:

4. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I'm gald you had a good time and hope you have an even better second date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.