Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by scared_child, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scared_child

scared_child Account Closed

my mom told me that i need to find a way to get rid of my scars...because she doesn't want her friends to see them. She is ashamed of me, and that hurts...:sad: So, basically, I don't know how to tell her, that i can't get the scars to go away, because I'm still doing it...what should I do?
  2. Mya

Mya Well-Known Member

tell her that if she cant except u for who you are and understand that your having a hard time then shes not fit to be a mother
  3. blackfire

blackfire Well-Known Member

your mom needs to be supportive of you. if you continue that is your business and she needs to just let it be. It isn't her friends thing to be concerned about anyway.
  4. scared_child

thanks...its just that I don't understand why she is being such a bitch about it. She just doesn't get it. and, 2lost, your right, she isn't fit to be a mother. She lost me to foster care. So, why should I have to listen to her bullshit?
  5. Mya

Mya Well-Known Member

tell her to shut up...i know that you'll get over this in your own time...i beleve in you...if that means anything!
    love you girl!
  6. Lost Disciple

Lost Disciple Well-Known Member

When she made the comment about your scars, did she know you were still doing it, or did she think they were scars from long-ago accidents that for some reason wouldn't go away?
  7. Wonderstuff

Wonderstuff Staff Alumni

My mum is the same. If all else fails, while I don't want to encourage you to SI I know how hard it can be to stop, I just did it where she couldn't see it. As for getting the visible scars to fade, mine bought me Bio-Oil. You can get it from just a chemist shop :) It does seem to be working, they're not as raised up any more, and they are fading a bit. You have to remind her that as with anything else, it takes time.
  8. scared_child

well, no, she doesn't know that I am still doing it, but I don't want to get rid of my scars, because they are a part of who I am now...and I know that if I don't have the scars anymore in a couple years, I will just forget all of the pain i was put through trying to stop and I might start again. i mean, i know that doesn't make any sense...but I consider scars a reminder of something you went through...
  9. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Awww :grouphug: I hear you all :sad:
  10. scared_child

11. blade

blade Well-Known Member

*$#@!!! be-itch. tell her to fuck off/
    just because she dosen't want her friends to see it..u have to get rid of them.

anyway. my mum thought i have stoped to. but i haven't .

hey do you have myspace?
    email me at anytime or

i would be glad to help.
  12. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

that's a load of bull shit, if she cared, she would help you, i'm sorry that she reacted like that. :mad: it makes me so angry that people just assume that it's easy to get rid of scars, cause it's not!!!! it's not easy to just stop. :unsure: :hug: to you, i hope all works out
  13. scared_child

thanks iusedtosmile. i completely agree. I dont get why she thinks that quittting is so damn easy...
  14. i think her concern doesnt stem from indifference or that she 'is a bitch,' but that she is unable to cope with what you do, and in hoping you rid yourself of the scars, she'll find solace and feel better herself. Perhaps you should sit down with her and discuss it, no hardballing.

all the best
  15. LaLaLullaby

LaLaLullaby Well-Known Member

Maybe try and avoid the topic with her until a solution arises?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.