Scars

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Loco72, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loco72

Loco72 Well-Known Member

I don't have any bad scars. all my scars are more like thin white lines. I have a lot of freckles on my arm, and it's really not noticible, except to me, epecially when I'm out in the sun a lot. I have one bad scar, but it's not a raised scar like most people seem to have, but just like a crease, and the place where it is it really just looks like a crease in my arm. I have a friend who used to SI and her arms are covered in scars, the raised, dark red scars. Was I lucky enough to just not scar like that or is it because I didn't cut as deeply as many people do? I'm just curious

2. taranama

taranama Well-Known Member

my scars are like yours....but i'm very pale, and they have a very noticeable red line outlining them, they become very noticeable to everyone.. no one gives a shit tho, so nothing is said to me. :laugh:

3. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

It all depends how deep you cut.

Most of my scars fade pretty quickly, but some of them are still very visible after 4 months, those are scars made in hardest moments when i lost control....

4. sarahmk2

sarahmk2 Well-Known Member

I have scars that are 10 years old or more. I also have some keloid scarring which is particularly ugly. They are all white, but raised and very visible

5. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

My older cuts have started to fade, but I can still see them if I look closely, but they weren't as deep as some I do now, which are mostly keloids. :dry:

6. Believe

Believe Well-Known Member

When I do and have in the past indulged in SI, I was very conscious of using methods that wouldn't leave tell-tale scars. At that time I was in HS I was in a couple of activities that required me to wear outfits with short sleeves - pretty tough to hide wicked scars! I have a few little white lines, a couple of spots, and most recently some abrasian scars. Overall, nothing that random accidents over the years couldn't explain. :p

7. Ire

Ire Guest

I was thinking about this last night... I realized that for the rest of my life I will probably be wearing long sleeve shirts.

I have lots of thin white ones... but it's the angry ones that are the worse. When I get angry and just slash. There's about 15 of those on my right arm :rolleyes:

So I figure if they are already there whats a few more? lol

Oh yeah, don't burn yourself! Takes forever to heal and leaves bad scars. I have 8 spots on the underside of my left arm where I burned myself with a zippo... worst part is there is a little U around each one from the wind guard thingy :rolleyes: Never burned myself again after that night.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  8. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

i´m really sorry you´re cutting again,but those new scars that you´re making will take more time to heal, ihave all kind of scars, some seems vey old but as my skin is very pale are easily to be seen, i have anotherones that are kinda white that can be seen if you are near the person, do you know what can help? waering short sleeves when you´re near people who doesn´t know you, like when you´re traveling to work/school. do you know how it helps? to see people reaction , and to analize how visible your scars are, i thought the white scars cannot be seen but i was wrong. People doesn´t ask about scars because they sometimes think you don´t want to talk about it(less of the people) and other people just don´t give a F*** of you, or me or anyone else.In any case, the more you hurt , will increase the time to heal, doesn´t matter how deep the scar is, because i have a couple that are very visible, but there was a surface cut and as it was in the same place thnan an old scar i have it since 3 years ago and counting(as it seems not to fade) but it wasn´t too deep.

9. Loco72

Loco72 Well-Known Member

I have horrible scars on my legs but all from surgeries or accidents, none because of SI. Which is ironic really. I have bruises too, and tho they are not purpously SI'd, I sometimes wish I could do that to myself, instead of cut, at least a bruise won't leave a scar and can be easier to explain.(since I play sports)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.