Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by JustSam, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustSam

JustSam Well-Known Member

idk if this has been brought up before but are their some scars that last forever?
    cuz when i used to cut, i haven't for a couple of months, i wasn't smart about it. i basically held a napkin to it, or toilet paper, to soak up the blood and sometimes just didnt care and would let the wound bleed.
    and my scars are not going away from almost a year and a half ago
    will they ever?
  2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Depends on how bad the cuts were. Most superficial scars will fade away, but if you cut deeply, and it scarred badly, they don't really fade as much as the other ones do. Have you tried scar reducers, etc? Or just getting a tan..? I noticed that when I tanned, they faded as long as I stayed tan. :laugh:
  3. JustSam

JustSam Well-Known Member

haha i've done none of those yet, i'll try though!
  4. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Tanning's good. If you clean your wounds and look after them they're also less likely to scar too. If you ever go so deep that they are gaping then stitches are ideal, or at least hold them together with bandaids or steristrips, then its not quite as bad. There's a sticky thread with ways to reduce scarring too if you havent read it yet.

5. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Sorry to ask, but what is tan?

I should buy english dictionary:laugh:
  6. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

^ lol hehe it's when your skin turns that lovely brownish colour from being out in the sun :)
  7. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

ok, thank you:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.