Scars

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by ~Alexandria~, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Alexandria~

~Alexandria~ Member

I have so many scars on my wrist from cutting for years I replace emotional pain with physical pain. I never wear short sleaves or my parents might see my scars. It hurts so much but its the only way I can feel better about myself.
    Am I the only one that feels this way?

2. SunFlower

SunFlower Member

Hi Alexandria, your definatly not on your own with how your feeling, im sure many others feel the same, i know that i do, i also find it hard to deal with emotional pain and therefore find physical pain easier to deal with.

Even though i know it would hurt my parents if they found out i cant stop cutting as its my only outlet for my emotions.

Hope your alright . . :) Feel free to PM, if you ever need/want. :)

3. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

Alex,
    I have recently started cutting..again. The scars on my wrist remain from two to three years ago. Unfortunately it is summer and I began cutting on my upper legs. Hopefully we can help eachother and stop..for good.

4. hellogoodby

hellogoodby Member

i feel the same,
    i started a year ago, and the scars from then are still there,, the long sleeve shirts, hiding them from every one, i just wish that someone would see them, and help, but,,,,
    just know your not alone,,
    try keeping your mind on something different when you want to cut, i found just going out for a run helps,,,
    gudluk

5. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hi ur not alone .. :hug:
    iv self harmed since i was around 13 .. 21 now.. i have lots of scars .. and i doubt i will ever wear a short sleve top in public..
    im th same .. when my head races and i think of all the rubbish that had and is happening in my life i cut 2 'releive' the pressure in my head..
    i need 2 find other ways of dealing with it .. iv only just started 2 get real help .. and im gettin that now from going 2 see my doctor as a startin point ..
    have u ever thought about tellin ur doctor?
    pm me if u like x

6. emily88

emily88 Member

Hi Alexandria,
    I felt/feel the same way. People told me that scars fade but I never believed them, but trust me, they will over time. I have scars on my forearms from burning and several large scars on my thighs from cutting. People would ask me about them all the time last year when they were very obvious but now I can hardly see them. Stay strong :)

7. emochick77

emochick77 Member

No your not the only one.. I cut myself for years and have really terrible scars.. my mom died before she got a chance to see.. my dad didnt accept me and he tried to have me locked away... I stilll have trouble trying to quit.. i always slip up..
    Im sorry for you. i hope it works out

8. grinded serenity

grinded serenity Well-Known Member

hey alex,
    your definatly not alone. i feel the same way, id much rather be in physical pain than in emotional or mental. its that way with alot of mpeople i know, but not alot take the initiative to make it so. im lucky enough to be able to cut myself on my thighs so i dont have to worry about people seeing them, but im starting to run out of room, so soon ill need a new place. most likely my arms, but who knows?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.