Scary question time

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Matthew123, Jul 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew123

Matthew123 Member

Hi everyone:

I am pretty new here. I have taken a glance at the site and am amazed at how big it all is. You would think a site like this would have ONE section only titled: HELP!!!

My thoughts are confusing. They TRULY change from day to day. However, today I cant get out of my pessimistic, depressed mind one question: Does any of this really work in the end?

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hey Matthew, welcome to SF!

Yes, therapy, meds, trying new ideas/ways of thinking, new activities can all help. They might not "resolve everything" - no one's life is perfect. But with work, determination, and dedication to following what one's doctor suggests, there is definitely improvement for most people. And the improvement is usually most significant when we ourselves learn skills that help us to navigate the ups and downs we encounter in life.

Sometimes, people are in tough situations (e.g., no job) that can't be solved by a pill or by simply talking to someone. But for something like that, meds and talking could help someone to get an emotional foothold and maybe to start a job search or to learn new job skills to make them more marketable. Or to find ways to do things to help them through...

What's going on in your life that you would like to see working differently? Maybe there are members here who can relate to your experiences and give you some specific examples of what they've tried.

3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

No.

Only you can help yourself. This place can be a way to connect with others who are feeling or have felt the same way, and can be a more understanding environment. That understanding and connection with others can help to give you some insight, and even motivate you towards a more realistic or satisfying perception of life.

It may be easier to talk with a therapist or a doctor, or even friends and relatives, once you realize your plight isn't so uncommon and irreparable after all. You might start considering lifestyle changes that actually help you to feel better after seeing others in a similar place manage to recover and create great lives for themselves.

You could use the connections you make here on the site to improve your outlook, meet others, help others or you could use them to perpetually ruminate over the past and why suicide is the best option. Sometimes that helps get the anger out and vent. Whichever you choose will certainly affect you, but this site isn't a "fix," it's just one tool of many. Use it for guidance or socializing, as a diary or information hub.

Whatever gives you hope.

Hi. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2015
  4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

I dont know if it works or not for all of us. We dont know what really happened to the rest of us for the happy ever after story in our timeline.

Its a puzzle I can say that for sure. Is it worth it in the end did it actually work? I dont know if it was a factor or not. I would say each person is different in this question.

5. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

Dear Matthew,

Welcome in our midst. If it is some kind of help in the form of answers to the questions that are bothering you and causing you distress, you have come to the right place. I can tell you from first hand experience that we and the energies the Universe puts at our disposal at any given time are constantly changing. We do not ever remain the same person for very long, because different life lessons are from time to time coming our way. New impressions are to be gathered by us and new people to be met. Some of them may be able to give us pointers of how to proceed on our predestined pathway.

Our life moves in approximately two and a half year cycles. When you look back on your life so far, you will probably be able to observe this. The corollary of this is that you will not always feel the way you are feeling at present. You and your life will move on and different experiences will come your way. And if you are going through a particularly rough patch at the moment, the best thing you can do is to keep on keeping on. Know that better times are ahead for you. Affirming this to yourself will help them come about more easily. But come they will, one way or another. You’ll see!

One of the Universal laws is the law of compensation, which decrees that after particularly difficult tests and trials in our life, there usually comes some kind of a reward – if only in an increase of wisdom that has its roots in a better understanding of what our earthly existence is all about.
    With love – Aquarius

6. afterlifepig

afterlifepig Well-Known Member

i was dead set on committing suicide in my 20s but being to the hospital as well as some other things in my life changed that. now i can see a life for myself - not super easy or normal, but i can see a purpose for living my life at least a little longer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.