Scary Thoughts

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Alien.Girl, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alien.Girl

Alien.Girl Member

I need help serious help
    I suffer with voices in my head and im used to that but recently i can hear my own voice in my head wanting to do terrible things to people. I have told the drs that i want to hurt people and they don't do anything. I am normally a very kind natured person so why do i have these evil thoughts. I have been through so much in my life and in my own way i have coped with it. I have made personalities to cope with emotions i can't cope with these personalities are also the voices in my head. So why all of a sudden do i want to do these things me not them well a couple them but mostly me. Sorry if i make no sense.
    I am so lost and confused in the world. As i write this i am in tears and the more upset i get the louder the voices get i don't know what to do. The drs have referred me to the personality disorder clinic and it has take a year to get through the assessment phase. What if by the time they get me onto a course i have done something terrible. I want to hurt myself but the voices want me to hurt others and they won't accept anything but that. I don't know i just need a shoulder to cry on at the minute. I have such a supportive boyfriend but im scared that if i tell him how i feel he will leave me and ill be all alone.
    I don't know how to get help. I don't know what to do to stop this. I can't cope with this much longer. I wish i could just run away and hide forever.

2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi AG, it seems to me that you do need to speak to a doctor seriously, showing him (having copied it out) what you've written here - and I am positive that you will be referred to some meds which can help control the voices. I do understand them a little bit, (in my own head I've been battling anti-thoughts I haven't wanted for a long time) but I have some understanding now of why they are there, and have learned some strategies to get the victory over them. It is possible to do, I promise you that AG. :)

3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

talking to a therapist might be helpful for you. it sounds like you've repressed your emotions, and there's no more room to hide them away, so they are coming to the surface.

letting these emotions come out in as positive a way as possible might be helpful

there might be something helpful in my sig link

maybe just allow yourself to think thoughts, even though they seem very bad. they're just thoughts, so maybe allowing yourself to think them is better than trying to repress them

hope that things can get better soon!

4. Alien.Girl

Alien.Girl Member

Thanks so much to the both of you it is a great feeling knowing that someone out there cares. You don't know how much your replies have meant to me.

Take Care

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun i think if you go to the emergency dept of your hospital and let them know you are having these thoughts hun these voices the oncall pdoc there will give you some medication to take away those voices If the voices get to overpowering tell them to stop ok really loud say that stop and go to hospital hun and talk to the crisis team there Let us know how you are doing ok hun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.