Schizoid Personality Disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovecraft

What it is.

I'm really quite certain I have one. I think I always have, but I'm wondering if it might be that depression pushed me into it rather than being born with it.

The question I'd ask of you is if your depressive disorder is making you like this; if it creating this disorder. Or, perhaps, do you think that it would be more likely that it was always there to begin with.

Scum

Have you talked to a professional about this?

Different things are relevant for different people. I have been diagnosed with a PD, and it compeltely brings up the nature vs nurture debate, but from what I understand, PDs are generally influenced/caused by factors in your life, although some people do have a predisposition towards it.

I do think you need to talk to a doc though. Diagnosing yourself is never a sensible thing to do, so if you have concerns you have this, then the sooner you talk to someone the better.

Lovecraft

I do intend to see my doctor about it, although SPD isn't really probalmatic for me on its own; it's problematic coupled with Major Depressive Disorder. Apparently atypical anti-phsychotics can alleviate symptoms in some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00