schizophrenia SSI and my woman

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Chelliebreeze, Aug 31, 2012.

  1. Chelliebreeze

    Chelliebreeze New Member

    I had to appeal for Social Security Benefits in a form of an appeal letter. It's been a month and a half and I haven't received any notification. I went before a judge and he denied my claim after a 15 minute face to face interview. He says I can be a copy machine tech. I guess that's someone who works at office max or office depot making copies. I don't know anything about copy machines. I have physical problems as well. I can't stand for long periods of time because of sciatica and flat feet. Being in the public is a daunting task. I am harassed by people or I feel as if people are harassing me. I've worked since I was 15 years old and paid money into the system. Now I'm 48 years old. Why can't I get the money I am entitled to? I'm on food stamps but need money to pay bills. My glasses are broken and I need dental work.

    I haven't worked in 3 years and my schizophrenia has been at its worst. The voices are 24/7. My wife is at the end of her rope. She hates her job, and she's constantly on me to make money. No one will hire me. Maybe it's the economy maybe it is because I've had a psychotic episode on the job. Working with people is hellious when you hear voices all the time. I'll probably be homeless someday soon. My family doesn't support me.
    My question goes out to the board, what jobs do you all have and how do you cope? Do you get SSI? What steps were taken to get SSI?

  2. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    The most important thing to do is to get your pdoc or regular doctor to fill out the forms to state you are not able to work get them to document your condition and how it has worsen.
    You also can get a lawyer to fight hun because it is very hard to win without someone fighting for you. ok I know with right documentation the second appeal you should get it. hugs
  3. Chelliebreeze

    Chelliebreeze New Member

    Thank you for the advice and caring enough to answer. My doctor supports me but the lawyer was non-caring and frankly, incompetent because they (the firm) gathered wrong hospital information with wrong dates of admission and attendance. Hopefully I will hear something soon from SSI administration.
  4. synchrohobbit

    synchrohobbit Active Member

    If that is the case, I think it is time to go back with a different lawyer (not sure if he was court-appointed). If you are hearing voices, does your medication need adjustment? I know you cannot 100% control it, but it certainly seems if it is happening all the time there could be something to change.