Schizophrenia

Status
Not open for further replies.

InnerStrength

I always come back to thinking I have schizophrenia, I'm not proud of it, but all the signs are there. I've had mild visual hallucinations (colorful dots, strands of neon green travelling up my vision, paranoia to the extreme.) Sometimes I'll start talking to myself, replying to scenarios in my head. I will have random thoughts of violence that pop up for no reason and are horrifying. My short-term memory is atrocious, to put it mildly.

Another symptom is having "extreme sensitivity to criticism." I have that as well. My speech has grown disorganized, and I find it difficult to put what I want to say into words. People have told me I have a distant expression on my face, ie the "flat effect."

Does it sound like I am on to something?

Anime-Zodiac

I can't say but if alot of your symptons match up to that of Schizophrenia then it's best you consult a doctor about this if you haven't already.

pinkpetals33

I always come back to thinking I have schizophrenia, I'm not proud of it, but all the signs are there. I've had mild visual hallucinations (colorful dots, strands of neon green travelling up my vision, paranoia to the extreme.) Sometimes I'll start talking to myself, replying to scenarios in my head. I will have random thoughts of violence that pop up for no reason and are horrifying. My short-term memory is atrocious, to put it mildly.

Another symptom is having "extreme sensitivity to criticism." I have that as well. My speech has grown disorganized, and I find it difficult to put what I want to say into words. People have told me I have a distant expression on my face, ie the "flat effect."

Likewise here. My abilities to articulate has declined over the years too as well as the other characteristics you described.

My psych had given me dx of schizophrenia that I never knew about. I think he was afraid to tell me.

wallflower

No, I don't think that you have to get that sort of diagnosis unless you want it, unless you were coerced into treatment. Maybe you should just seek a therapist.

Oak

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Many of the symptoms match schizofrenia but can also be applied to other illness your best bet is to be checked by a psychiatrist taht will evaluate your and give you a diagnosy. I am schizofrenica and its no fun at all yet with proper medication and dose you can live a rather normal life as any one else. Dont be discrouraged and keep your hope high.

belcor

I have the same symptoms, including mild audio hallucinations--sometimes people calling my name, and today I thought I heard somebody singing. But when I turned around, nobody was there. The worst is phones. I swear I'm always hearing phones ringing. The visual hallucinations are mostly shapes in my peripheral vision, although I've also had the dots.

I've scared shitless to tell anybody about it. Even when I was seeing a doctor, the only thing I told him about was the phones. He said that I have an anxiety disorder, which very well may be the case.

A_pixie

Innerstrength I have all of those things too I'm trying to find out what's wrong with me but the doctor near mine is such an arse hole she can't even prescribe my grand mother the correct arthritis medication!

Please PM me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00