School Bans Bullied Boy from Wearing his ‘My Little Pony’ Bag – This is Victim Blamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: School Bans Bullied Boy from Wearing his ‘My Little Pony’ Bag – This is Victim Bl

Definitely disgraceful from the schools point of view. Kids should have the freedom of expressionism that if they want to like certain things it shouldn't be treated in the way the other kids were behaving.

Twocky61

Banned Member
Re: School Bans Bullied Boy from Wearing his ‘My Little Pony’ Bag – This is Victim Bl

So if he had been wearing a gay pride badge for example they would ban that? Discrimination in both cases - I wonder if there is a litigation case there?

Daphna

Ninja of light

I don't blame the boy, but as a parent I wouldn't allow my son to take a "my little pony bag," to school for this very reason. Meaning the bullying.
It's not that responsible on the parents part. I know they know how cruel children can be. JMPO

Anti-bullying campaigns have shown to actually increase bullying and violence in schools.

Schools have no authority for those who actually commit the bullying or violence so it is only possible to attempt to prevent it by preventing students from being targets.
School teachers, administrators and staff have all the responsibility but none of the authority.

flowers

Didnt have to read this to know this boy lives in the south. I commend the parents for helping this child to not hide his creative expression. he will encounter a lot more rejection if he continues to express his true self. But at least he will not be one of the repressed sheep. Shame on the school for not turning this into a learning expereince. But its the south. And anything with GBLTQovertones will be flatly rejected by any school board. And so the suicide rates amongst GBLTQ kids will continue to be very high. As schools continue to teach that boys will get banned for carrying what is normally a girls backpack. etc. It was a teaching moment. Sadly what the school decided to teach was that he must hide and be ashamed of who he is. Good for those parents for doing their part to encourage him to be who he is.

Xaos

Anti-bullying campaigns have shown to actually increase bullying and violence in schools.
Source?

Schools have no authority for those who actually commit the bullying or violence so it is only possible to attempt to prevent it by preventing students from being targets.
School teachers, administrators and staff have all the responsibility but none of the authority.
So the schools don't have the authority to discipline bullies, but they have the authority to ban the bullied from free expression.

Makes perfect sense.

Liquid Jello

really like ur thoughtful post, Flowers. I too was thinking the school's response was gender-phobic (or whatever that term would be) or homophobic. I think it's terrible that the kid was banned from carrying the backpack he liked. how ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00