School Friends

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Twocky61, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

How many names can you remember of your classmates when you were all at school?

How many names can you remember of your teachers when you were all at school?

As for teachers, do you remember the names of the ones who were horrible & the ones who were really nice?

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I remember the names of the vast majority of my classmates. I remember the names of all of my teachers. And, as an ex teacher, I remember every last one of the hundreds of kids I taught. The ones I helped and the ones I spectacularly let down.

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I remember most of the teachers and people I went to school with, because very few of them showed me any kindness. That makes them stick out in my mind more, because it was nice to have a few people on my side when I was going through such a hard time.

4. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Hundreds of pupils you taught and you forget not one name Freya? That's amazing - shows you are a dedicated teacher and an ambassador for the teaching profession

So Freya, do you know what happened to any of them; both those you helped and those 'you say' you let down?

Are any of then ambassadors of industry, education, healthcare etc. etc.? - any of them celebrities, such as actors/actresses, authors; even politicians? (Though some would say being a politician is a failure lol - same as being a footballer lol)

And those you 'let down'? How did you 'let them down' Freya? Surely you did your best as a teacher and either they did not want to learn (I know I did not want to learn; I preferred to throw paper aeroplanes, blackboard rubbers and generally be an asshole)

No matter how much you try to help some people there are some you wont be able to convince they really do need an education

:freehug:

5. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I agree with you Witty sarcasm it's the few excellent understanding teachers who are an asset - They are prepared to listen & not to judge as I am sure Freya is in that category

:freehug:

6. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I can only really remember one teacher from high school. And that was my choir teacher. Then again I had her for 4 years. As far as classmates I remember several.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.