School is my freaking trigger

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bigman2232, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

I have been on Christmas break for the last month until today. Over that month I had the odd suicidal feelings and my regular depression but it wasn't as bad as it had been for the 3 months before that.

Today I started back to classes at university and now I just want to die and have it end. Within 5 minutes of sitting down in my first class I just wanted it to end. The anger, frustration and hopelessness just came flooding back. I hate having to take these classes that I'm getting nothing from but I can't just quit because I've invested almost 4 years and a debt of $35,000 into a place that is a trigger to everything.

I'm smarter than half my profs, I just can't memorize things as well. I overheard a girl saying that she normally gets 90's but in classes like animal behaviour and evolution she gets 60's and 70's. These are classes that require you to take info and then use it to find your own answers to things, you know, actual thinking. This is my strong point but most of University is all about memorization and then spitting back out the answer on an exam or in a project.

My life has and does suck in all facets but my intelligence. Everything else was nonexistent but at least I figured I was smart enough to be what I wanted and make decent money and maybe that would make things better to work on everything else. Now I'm totally screwed and don't even have my intelligence to support me.

Someone is going to die and it is better that it be me.

2. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

I am going back tomorrow, i am dreading it. I have been off for nearly a yr. I cant cope with it and feel it all welling up again. I dont wanna hav to have puit in 4 yrs and get nothing... hence why i consider just trying to end it all. Sorry if i am supposed to offer mdgs of support but i wanted to reply as i know what you feel. i cant offer support as i dont see anyway out myself. i feel bad as i am studying for a psychology degree and feel as though when i tell the doc or psychiatrist that i get a disaprooving look as in ou shoudld no better. What the hell do they know!

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I felt pretty hopeless too when I completed my university study and realized that my GPA was too low to be accepted into medical school or any other program. I felt like ending it all too. But eventually, I decided to become a teacher, and I'm glad that I did. I love helping students learn and showing them that I care.

4. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

Experts by Experience! :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.