• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

School, Parents, Teachers, Life

RCee

For the most part I am doing just fine.
I won’t get into specifics about it, because we all are going thru variations of the same situation. Every school district is different that includes other countries besides the USA (wink)

The Head teacher is always worrying even tho she says she is not! Every lunch hour is spent watching the kids and listening to our governor and the newest developments concerning California and School and so on.

We will be here! We are private and do not follow our local districts. We have fewer than 11 children atm and technically no one can stop us from having daycare and on our own time “Teaching”. Since we have Licensing for both uses.
Right now it’s been about the parents concerns. Since technically this is summer camp but like I say “try and stop us from educating while at camp”! Majority here at the moment are currently enrolled in school before all this!
Some of our kids (who at one point went here but because of hardships only could do a few hours besides public) are “going back to school” on Thursday ! They will do remote check ins at their public school and than come here for 3 hours in which we will help. And so forth!

This is all doable with small numbers. We are just constantly cleaning constantly on the move ectt... we take temperatures 2 times a day once upon arrival once in mid afternoon after play

the list goes on and on!
a lot of places are scared and granted all the guidelines and fines that are going out now.

one of our school districts public school teachers are actually going alone and tutoring kids charging a certain Set price. The district got pissed! But you can’t tell teachers they can’t teach you can’t tell people you can’t have a tutor!

parents are scared , every day coming up to me exchanging information so forth!

We all just need to be comforting , I have since a lot of meltdowns.. even here a mom just broke down crying during a pick up.

there’s so much coming at us, sometimes we forget to breathe and be thankful for the tools we do have to survive.
being responsible for another human being Can is terrifying...it sure is a trip!

Anyways I just felt like I needed to get that out
I haven’t had too many moments about COVID (even tho I live smack dab I middle of it all)

I feel like there are a lot of parents out there as well teachers. All walks of life!

Don’t forget to breathe and from here (California) to there (whenever you are)
We are all going to figure this out!!!!

🤗 open thread 🤗
F5758E1D-2257-4C93-A648-C9713864D301.jpeg

Dinolaur

Human by day, Dino by night
Hey @RCee

you’re doing an amazing job! You’re an awesome person and from what I can see from reading that, that you’re a fantastic teacher too!
Well done for carrying on and fighting through all of this covid crap.
You’re amazing. Thankyou for being you and being a great teacher

Lane

SF Supporter
For the most part I am doing just fine.
I won’t get into specifics about it, because we all are going thru variations of the same situation. Every school district is different that includes other countries besides the USA (wink)

The Head teacher is always worrying even tho she says she is not! Every lunch hour is spent watching the kids and listening to our governor and the newest developments concerning California and School and so on.

We will be here! We are private and do not follow our local districts. We have fewer than 11 children atm and technically no one can stop us from having daycare and on our own time “Teaching”. Since we have Licensing for both uses.
Right now it’s been about the parents concerns. Since technically this is summer camp but like I say “try and stop us from educating while at camp”! Majority here at the moment are currently enrolled in school before all this!
Some of our kids (who at one point went here but because of hardships only could do a few hours besides public) are “going back to school” on Thursday ! They will do remote check ins at their public school and than come here for 3 hours in which we will help. And so forth!

This is all doable with small numbers. We are just constantly cleaning constantly on the move ectt... we take temperatures 2 times a day once upon arrival once in mid afternoon after play

the list goes on and on!
a lot of places are scared and granted all the guidelines and fines that are going out now.

one of our school districts public school teachers are actually going alone and tutoring kids charging a certain Set price. The district got pissed! But you can’t tell teachers they can’t teach you can’t tell people you can’t have a tutor!

parents are scared , every day coming up to me exchanging information so forth!

We all just need to be comforting , I have since a lot of meltdowns.. even here a mom just broke down crying during a pick up.

there’s so much coming at us, sometimes we forget to breathe and be thankful for the tools we do have to survive.
being responsible for another human being Can is terrifying...it sure is a trip!

Anyways I just felt like I needed to get that out
I haven’t had too many moments about COVID (even tho I live smack dab I middle of it all)

I feel like there are a lot of parents out there as well teachers. All walks of life!

Don’t forget to breathe and from here (California) to there (whenever you are)
We are all going to figure this out!!!!

🤗 open thread 🤗
View attachment 35810

You have one of the most important jobs in my opinion, making the young ones feel safe and teaching them skills for the future. Thank you for this @RCee.

I have many fond memories of when my children were little and we ran a cooperative preschool.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$600.00
Goal
$255.00