school/parents

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ihope2die, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ihope2die

ihope2die Active Member

hate school, don't want to go anymore. I don't get anything that is going on in any subject. I've stopped trying i don't really care about the future i hope i don't have one. My mom is like I don't get you, what do you think you'll do in life without an education?, she doesn't even understand how i feel, i hate school. i don't care about life, i just want to stay home all day and do nothing, i don't want to have to do anthing. it never gets better, always stays the same or worse.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry you are feeling this way, not only about your education, but about life in general. Although it would be nice to be able to stay home all day and do nothing, reality is that it doesn't generally work that way. Your parents cannot support you forever so you must take the necessary steps to do that on your own. They may not understand how you feel, but they do know what is necessary to survive in the manner your accustomed to. Education is important whether you like it or not. If you give up trying, of course you won't understand things. You will continue to get further behind and make matters worse. You are the only one that can determine what the future holds for you. The choice is yours to make. You will only get out of it what you are willing to put into it. Please don't defeat yourself. Give yourself a fighting chance. :hug:

3. Ninja

Ninja Active Member

She's right. and what she's saying is true. as much as we don't want it to be.

4. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

Feel the exact same way. I think some of it is too, that being suicidal, (if you are), we lack a lot of motivation. My thinking at least, subconsciously I say to myself, “Whatever, if things get boring/bad I’ll just off myself.”
    With that train of thought, it’s hard to motivate myself to do anything. Like you said, I don’t even want to get up and do anything.
    I hate doing it, but this year, (opposit from last year), I'm going to atleast try and do my work. You should atleast try for one sem. (or whatever system it is your school has) and see if it makes you feel any better. Good grades can feel rewarding, and your parents approval, (even if you don't think so) can also feel good.

5. ihope2die

ihope2die Active Member

i suppose, so me and best friend got into a fight, here is the permise for it or w/e you wanna call it. She was in a great mood, some guy had kissed her who she really wanted to go out with, btw they aren't going out yet and so i wasn't having a good day and told her my problems and such and she was in a good mood and didn't want to get depressed but i said my spiel anyways because i thought she would understand. but she didn't and I had to apologize for making her depressed...that makes me feel even worse now.

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry about what happened with your friend. You needed to share, and that is what friends are for. You shouldn't feel bad about it. Don't let it get to you. Sometimes we have to do what is best for us. At this time, you needed to express how you felt. You did nothing wrong. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.