school project

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by beautifuloblivion, Mar 20, 2007.

1. beautifuloblivion

beautifuloblivion Well-Known Member

For those of you who don't know, I'm in my last few weeks of culinary school. Tonight we had a big project due...a showpiece made out of pastillage with three candies displayed on it. We got to pick our own theme, design the piece, create the candies, etc. (Pastillage is a sugar dough used to make decorative pieces...it's technically edible, but not really meant to be eaten.)

I was really proud of mine...I got a great (almost perfect!) grade and my chef instructor gave me lots of compliments on it. :biggrin: He said I had a knack for working with chocolate and told me he would give me a list of places around Austin where I might be able to get a job making chocolates. Anyway, I was really proud of it so I thought I would share a picture of it...

The candies are cherry pistachio truffles, strawberry pate a fruits, and banana caramels. :laugh:

[​IMG]

2. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

How awesome!!! I like it alot.... especially the chocolate :drool:

Seriously, it looks great, thanks for sharing it with us, you're erally talented.

3. ~CazzaAngel~

By the way, what's the greenish candy? :unsure:

4. beautifuloblivion

Those are the cherry pistachio truffles...the green on the outside is chopped pistachios.

5. beautifuloblivion

Thanks! :smile:

6. ~CazzaAngel~

:drool: sounds yummy

7. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

omg it looks so cute!! and yummy lol

TDM

8. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

Can I have some? Pleeeeeease?

9. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Wow, it looks fantastic! :smile: Well done! :clap: :thumbup:

Mmm... And so very very yummy :drool:.

Thank you very much for sharing.

I use that expression literally and will be forwarding you my address so that you can send me my portion :wink: :tongue:.

:hug:

10. ~CazzaAngel~

Where's mine? :eek:hmy:

11. Jodi

Jodi Staff Alumni

hey....nice work beautifuloblivion, it all sounds so yummy!!! :hug: Thanks for sharing.....

12. beautifuloblivion

I'll drop them off on my way to visit my friend in Emporia. :laugh:

13. beautifuloblivion

Hehe...I'm not sure what they would look like by the time they had travelled all the way across the Atlantic Ocean, but I would love to send you some. :tongue: :hug:

14. beautifuloblivion

Thank you very much everyone for the compliments. :hug:

It looks like I have a few requests, so I'd better get started on another batch of chocolates. :tongue: