1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

school project

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by beautifuloblivion, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beautifuloblivion

beautifuloblivion Well-Known Member

For those of you who don't know, I'm in my last few weeks of culinary school. Tonight we had a big project due...a showpiece made out of pastillage with three candies displayed on it. We got to pick our own theme, design the piece, create the candies, etc. (Pastillage is a sugar dough used to make decorative pieces...it's technically edible, but not really meant to be eaten.)

I was really proud of mine...I got a great (almost perfect!) grade and my chef instructor gave me lots of compliments on it. :biggrin: He said I had a knack for working with chocolate and told me he would give me a list of places around Austin where I might be able to get a job making chocolates. Anyway, I was really proud of it so I thought I would share a picture of it...

The candies are cherry pistachio truffles, strawberry pate a fruits, and banana caramels. :laugh:

[​IMG]

2. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

How awesome!!! I like it alot.... especially the chocolate :drool:

Seriously, it looks great, thanks for sharing it with us, you're erally talented.

3. ~CazzaAngel~

By the way, what's the greenish candy? :unsure:

4. beautifuloblivion

Those are the cherry pistachio truffles...the green on the outside is chopped pistachios.

5. beautifuloblivion

Thanks! :smile:

6. ~CazzaAngel~

:drool: sounds yummy

7. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

omg it looks so cute!! and yummy lol

TDM

8. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

Can I have some? Pleeeeeease?

9. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Wow, it looks fantastic! :smile: Well done! :clap: :thumbup:

Mmm... And so very very yummy :drool:.

Thank you very much for sharing.

I use that expression literally and will be forwarding you my address so that you can send me my portion :wink: :tongue:.

:hug:

10. ~CazzaAngel~

Where's mine? :eek:hmy:

11. Jodi

Jodi Staff Alumni

hey....nice work beautifuloblivion, it all sounds so yummy!!! :hug: Thanks for sharing.....

12. beautifuloblivion

I'll drop them off on my way to visit my friend in Emporia. :laugh:

13. beautifuloblivion

Hehe...I'm not sure what they would look like by the time they had travelled all the way across the Atlantic Ocean, but I would love to send you some. :tongue: :hug:

14. beautifuloblivion

Thank you very much everyone for the compliments. :hug:

It looks like I have a few requests, so I'd better get started on another batch of chocolates. :tongue:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.