Schoool, To do lists = stressed out = cant get anythign done

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by randomguy9, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randomguy9

randomguy9 Put's the "Pro" in Profanity Chat Pro

Where to start...

I guess in the order put in the thread.

I am in college, trying to take 9 units of classes where the requirement to transfer in 2 years if 15... If i can pass my classes I think i become a soft more credit wise.

The slight problem here is that no matter ow hard i work, it does not look like I will be able to transfer to any college that isn't filled with slack off party students. I could not thrive in that atmosphere. I am stressed half to death with that alone... got two things i need to prepare for tomorrow, one is hard, one is impossible for me... I cant do any more late night study sessions... done to many already this semester and I need to catch up on sleep. Problem is if I don't, my grades fall. I am just stupid... no one who works this hard should have anything less then a 4.0.

After working my ass off on an english paper, i was reminded by a fellow student about ne section that i had forgotten... it is considered 2 sperate assignments, but best i will get, if i get ALL the points is a B... where as a C or D is more likely.

Ran some errands after my class today (only one on Tuesday, others are on other days), and i get home and my grandfather starts giving me to do lists, and critiques based more on his ancient thinking then anything in reality... old people have so much wisdom, but sometimes they think they have wisdom where what they really have is eccentricities, or out of date thinking.

I feel my heart pounding in my chest as if i was about to fight something... damn fight or flight reaction.

I know... i am pathetic that this brings me to this point... but i am waking up wishing I had not... so figured i could post here.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I know the feelings of school being very overwhelming...hope it feels like a light load soon...J

3. ghazi

ghazi Well-Known Member

you have two options. First, you can keep on going like this, crash, start hating yourself for failing, watch your grades plummet, hate yourself more, and start coming here to SF form much more serious reasons. OR, you can take a day off. like this weekend. I realize that you have a ton of work, but the human body can only take so much stress before it begins destroying itself. It sounds like you are already at that point. so, solution two: Take a day off this weekend. all day. Sleep til noon or later, dont set any alarms, etc. Do NO WORK at all. Try not to even think about it. Take naps when you want, eat when you want. Just lie in bed if thats what feels good. Let your body recharge itself and then tackle it all again the next day.. Just let your body and mind rest. You may be afraid to do this, but it is necessary...over taxing your mind will affect your emotional state, as you have seen, and you will begin to get physically sick from the mental stress...and if you are sick, then you will get even less work done and be even more miserable

Or you could keep plowing away and burn yourself up and hate yourself forever

4. randomguy9

I have been trying to do that... every time i take a day off, its fun relaxing, then just gets worse the next day.

5. mcviking

mcviking Well-Known Member

Honestly man School and Univeristy used to stress me to no end. I used to say something like, "man work is easy, you just show up and get paid." LOL I still have nightmares that I am failing all my classes and I have some research project due: I graduated 2 years ago. To be honest, all that matters is getting the piece of paper. Don't fall for the hype. If you don't get into a super prestigious school it isn't the end of the world. The education system is a BUSINESS not an institution. Sure, one school might promiss better connections, you have the opportunity to meet the world's "up and coming movers and shakers," but to be honest unless you are trying to go to Law,Pre Med, or an engineering degree, you can honestly relax a bit more.

Case in point, I went to a no name state school, got average but not spectacular grades. My friend went to an Ivy league school. I have no debt, have a job that I love and have the freedom to travel to alot of exciting countries. I have my own apartment and live a comfortable life style. Finacial burdens are practically nonexistant at this point in my life, or to say it simply "money aint a thing."
    My friend who went to an Ivy league school, has 100,000$ worth of debt, works as a waiter, lives on a friends couch and smokes pot all day. But he always brags about his degree that he is not using. Sure this is only one instance but what matters for success is not what school you went to but what you do with the knowledge you gained and how you present yourself.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2010
  6. Raphael1

Raphael1 Well-Known Member

You think that's bad I finished school and got very average results. Then I never went to college or university or even TAFE. I spent my time going from one low paying job to the next. I have a very basic intellect. Nightmares about going to school. And now I have no job and am on the disability pension for mental illness. I have no friends, no girlfriend. I live at my moms place. And am currently doing absolutely nothing constructive with myself. I can't get out of this rut no matter how hard I try. It's a vicious cycle.

You still have your life ahead of you. You have room for friends and girlfriends. You have a future ahead of you. Don't stress yourself too much over the workload. You don't need perfect grades. You just need a very good plan of what you want to do in the future and then go after it. Just do what you can do and plan ahead. Don't wait for things to get as bad as they have with me.

7. ghazi

ghazi Well-Known Member

randomguy9...how does it get worse? i mean, besides the fact that you feel like you have extra work to do since you didnt do any the previous day? What EXACTLY is the thing that stresses you the most?

8. randomguy9

Either I become less able to handle the work load, or multiple deadlines approach at once, or something.

As for what stressed out... working as hard as I can and still failing my goals... I can't deal with failure... can't do it, worst feeling in the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.