Scratching

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Lexicon, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lexicon

Lexicon Well-Known Member

So... I'm scratching and cutting my hands and feet, just with nails. It takes forever, but there's a certain satisfaction to taking a long time to reach blood, seeing the faint lines and gashes in my skin. They're also, luckily, almost unrecognisable as self-harming marks, so nobody is noticing my problems. Yayhay.

Any ideas would be welcome. Lex.

2. ConfusedSilence

ConfusedSilence Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about the high you get from it. Why do you scratch?

3. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

It hurts. Makes pain real.

4. sbuck

sbuck Well-Known Member

im pretty sure i used to use this as a form of SI when i was younger... but i usually dont recognize it because im not sure it was entirely conscientious... i just rememeber always having a lot of scratch marks all over me because i was "itchy"

i also do it now... and use the same excuse. most people dont think twice about it. "that must have been a big itch!" 'yeah, i have reaaaallllyyyyyy sensitive skin, its always itchy'

5. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I used to think I was the only one who did this. Clearly, I am mistaken. I haven't harmed myself in months, though, and intend to keep it that way.

TDM

6. Miu

Miu Well-Known Member

Remember the extreme amount of bacteria under your nails! Scratchers have the biggest risk of infection so be careful guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.