Screaming in pain

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by poisonedresistance, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

Last night i had a horrid dream, I dreamt i was being eaten alive, this thing/person was eating me starting at my legs then up to my tummy, i felt every single tug, every bite, everything. I was being tortured and the pain was so amazingly real i woke up with tears streaming down my face.
    I tried to scream out in my dream but it was like my voice had gone, i tried to hard to call out but no noise came from me.
    Ive had this before where Ive tried to call out but was unable to reach out, once i made a squeak and it was enough to alert my partner i needed help and he awoke me but the rest of the time I just bear it and cannot make a single sound.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i too have horrible nightmares i am glad your partner woke you out of it.

3. poisonedresistance

Thanks for replying. Have you ever had ones where you can feel what happens, over and over again.
    most of mine reflect my past even though I know I have dealt with it, the subconscious still feels the need to subject me to it on occasion but they get worse and worse.
    somtimes i dont know if what I am feeling in my dream even happened, Its like the line has blurred and I am having trouble distinguishing as consciously I cannot actually remember these things taking place, but they are so vivid and so real.

4. total eclipse

most my nightmares i don't remember it is my partner that hears me yelling and screaming at people then i go back to bed and do not remember any of it. sometimes i wake up as a child remembering i tried to scream but no noise would come out none at all it seemed like forever then finally a littlenoise god i hated those nights. I am glad i do not remember my nightmares

5. poisonedresistance

Yes I am glad you dont aswell.
    I used to have an amount of control and could alter them but as time has passed, although i can change and alter my normal dreams my nightmares are rigid.
    I have tried everything from alcohol to having a bath and relaxing but I can still cannot alter my minds desired train of thought once the subconscious takes over.
    some people have suggested i've lesson's to learn maybe or something to remember yet to come, i dont know though as they often leave me feeling disjointed, like a part of me is yet to join the waking world and this can last all day. Often affecting my moods and how i deal with others.

I always remember though, they are always the same, they just get elaborated on each time.

The being eaten one is relatively new though but until the other night I hadn't actually felt it. I did however always feel the previous ones as I was drawing from memory.

6. total eclipse

my husband says it is the same dream me yelling and screaming at people to get out i feel disjointed in that i fee feer most of that day unsettled i g uess Just past memories that won't go away and i think if something has triggered you thru the daytime the nightmares can become worse as well.

7. poisonedresistance

possibly, I can definitely see where your coming from on that one. Perhaps i should keep a record, although saying that I am aware they haven't reached their peek yet and although its scary and upsetting I know I have lived through much worse and come out the other side so i'm prepared to face them head on if needs be.
    If im yet to remember anything then its probably for the best, I cant deal with something I am unaware of and I cant move on unless I deal with it,, so I say bring it on!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.