screw it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by shuddertothink, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shuddertothink

shuddertothink Well-Known Member

does anyone know how it feels to go to a Dr.'s appointment, and to have it thrown up in your face that you were "just another junkie"? I was asked how i was doing, so i told them i still wasn't sleeping, and that i thought they needed to increase my zoloft as well. Well the nurse talked the dr. out of giving me something for sleep, and increasing the zoloft, by saying, "just five months ago you were just another junkie using every street drug you could get your hands on". so i told her, "well if you fucking idiots would have done something a lot sooner maybe i wouldn't have!"

they don't take me seriously, and i am tired of that being thrown in my face all the time. I'm fed up. I will NOT be going back there. And please don't tell me to find another doctor because everyone i find treats me like this. Nothing is going to make me go back there. So without medication i am sure i'm gonna get worse. Even worse than i am right now. They have no idea how much what they said hurt me. and how a slap in the face from someone who's supposed to help you, can kill you inside. They succeeded.

I have been crying off and on since i got home. If i make it through the night it'll be a major accomplishment.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

fuck them i know how it hurts okay their dam word arrogant holier than thou attitude I am glad you told the stupid nurse to her face what you thought. Instead of telling you what a great job you have been doing she treats you like dirt. DO NOT let this women or doctor take you fight away okay they should be reported to the head of hospital the nurse as well. People are to be treated with respect and kindness you need to find a doctor who cares they are out there took me awhile but i found one for my twin now for my duaghter you deserve better for you okay DO NOT give these people any more power then they think they have YOU ARE IMPORTANT and you MATTER the hell with them.

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Ugh, what they did to you is awful. :( I hope you make it through the night though, here if you want to talk.

4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

You hold on ok...what violet says is true...keep looking till you find someone decent who will listen to you..
    You should be proud that you aren't using and are trying to help yourself...

5. lapazyelamor

lapazyelamor Well-Known Member

Doctors are useless they dont care if we sleep or not they wont give us benzoes because they are a bunch of self rightous fuckwits, they send people like us to an early grave just because they "think" benzoes and sedatives have no place in treating mental illness, i fucking hate doctors

6. shuddertothink

thanks but really don't know what to say

7. shuddertothink

i didn't even ask for a benzo, i asked for ANYTHING that might help

8. shuddertothink

i am proud that i'm not using, but i just don't have it in me to keep searching for a doc, because i have been through so many as it is

9. shuddertothink

thanks. i appreciate it

10. susdgs

susdgs Member

I am sure this is a dumb question but I am new so please forgive me.

Have you seen a psychiatrist? Regular md's don't have a clue. It isn't their area of expertize, and will never admit it.

If a psychiatrist said all that, please please try to find the stregnth to seek a new one. Don't ask for any meds. tell the pdoc how you are feeling, and let him/her conclude that you do need meds.

Please don't give up.

11. shuddertothink

yes and this is a psychiatrist that said that, well she and her nurse said it.

12. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Try talking to the pdoc on your own next time without the interferance of the nurse Just talk to talk and let know how it affected you what was said and how you just want pdoc input on how to get more sleep properly I think without the interferance of the nurse there you pdoc may listen to you better Let it be know how hurt your were okay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.