Screw my faimly

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Raven, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Raven

Raven Guest

I am done with the rest of anyone that calls themselves a part of my family; I hate the games that people play more than anything else. Be upfront and honest and don’t try to be sneaky, plot traps or otherwise be a jackass. My mother in her great and infinite wisdom decided that next month we are going to hold a celebration of life for my late father (not my idea and trust me I want to get out of this anyway I can). I guess this is what she and he decided to do and I can understand it to a point. I don’t think however they discussed this very well with the family in Nebraska.

You see my aunts husband called when told them the news and said they were not going (they drove over the mountain when we had our own little privet gathering). I understand this they have said their goodbyes, I have said far more than enough of mine doing the same and then attending the farewell gathering at work. I have said everything there is to say. So I understand where they are coming from but my mother is pissed. The fun part is everyone in Nebraska told her they did not plan on coming either and they wished she would have had a funeral. Now she is super pissed, how dare they not come, they did not even send a card (really you are pissed off about a 2 dollar fucking card?)

Boy o boy she was going to get them, I will put it on such a such day I know they will be in town anyway and blah blah blah, then when they don’t come I am going to tell them off once and for all. I told her to stuff it, if they don’t want to come that is their choice, and you are being petty for harboring it against them, both parties need to sit down and shut up over this.

I am getting my roommate or some other friend to drive me, I plan on finding pillar to support and hitting the booze hard, I have said everything there was when we buried him, I called him the asshole he was and that trough of all of that I understand he tried. He was broken like me, just in a different way. I respect him for trying but I have put this behind me, and after that night I am ready to put the rest of the family behind me as well, if you are that shallow, I am done with the lot of ya.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

You have to do what is best for you,and your mother has to deal...she wanted this memorial and it seems did not check with anyone about what they wanted...and your family sound like they are on their own page...make sure you take care of yourself, please