Screwed Over once again

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Jagroen, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Jagroen

Jagroen Well-Known Member

Im posting here since i dont know where to put it

Put a few months ago i lost my job...unable to pay back my student loan or credit cards

the past few months suck, phone calls after calls...ran out of phone time cause of prepaid phone
    calls stopped, then on my Bday (oct 15th) my mom got me phone time, which i regret taking cause the calls keep coming again
    im on Social assistance and student loan company knows this

I paid my bank for a stop payment on the student loan payment due to the representative telling me to
    Then i got my direct deposit to find out my social assistance check went to student loan AFTER i paid for a stop payment

I feel i have been screwed over by both the bank and student loan cause they are aware of my situation of no job and i did apply for a program to make it so im penalized

on top of my best friend losing his mother on monday, funeral on saturay..and other things going on in my life

i honestly dont know how much longer i want to stay im not a violent person to hit things but when all this stuff happened so fast, i ended up slamming my fist on my desk

My SI have been getting more and more severe...i think i need anger management and help but social assistance doesnt cover therapists for im left alone to do whatever
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If you applied by form to be exempted from your student loan then they should not be penializing you you shouldnot have to pay it back if you are ill ir not able to work
    Phone the student loan number and explain again and again to them that you cannot pay back loan because you have no money to do so make them listen ok I did not think any one could step in and take your government check it is paid to you not to the bank to use Hope you can get some help to sort this all out
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am unsure about canadian law but you can tell places in US not to call a cell phone because it costs you money and they cannot- aside from the more direct method of not answering or blocking the numbers.
  4. Jagroen

Well the calls stopped cause i ran out of phone time, THANKFULLY
    but as for the student loan part, i have to go back to the bank on monday to get my refund

Im so stressed out every month cause something always comes up and keeps me screwed over for a month...ive been mooching off my friend for groceries for the past few months and im getting sick of it...yeah he says he is ok with it but i doubt it...

I just wish i could get a damm job and pay off everything...or something to happen so i dont have to deal with this crap anymore
  5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I am so sorry this is happening to you. I wish I knew of some advocacy agency in Canada that could help.
  6. Jagroen

Gah why do i pick the friends that i roommate aka friend just got pissed off at me when i told him i wont wait around for his parcel to be delivered and hear if someone knocks on the door..

its not my responibility, its his....and his excuse is his left ear is damaged and thats the 1 closet to the door...yeah ok....

I need to make new friends, no wonder im always SIing myself...wishing i wasnt here....i get treated like shit all the time...