screwed over

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Tom88, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom88

Tom88 Member

Ok a little update on whats been happening, I started college recently, and so far its been going pretty well except my sleeping habits are really fu**ed up and I missed what might have been an important lecture, which isnt too bad considering the class is easy. Whatever thats going fine. Two days ago I had an interview with wendy's, just some temporary job till I get my PT liscense thatll take me through college, they told me theid call me today, never happened, fu** it. I was supposed to do a little job to earn $100 today but 1) I was asleep for about 6 hours today, and 2) I was never fu****en called, and 3) not that it even fu****en mattered cause I cant hear anything when im asleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FU** it. Unemployment sends me a letter today that in short says HAHA go FU** yourself A**HOLE. I was denied because of the fact that I wouldnt quit school, mind you im going to school to get a good job in the first fu**en place, in order to take on a full time job. So basically what their wanting me to do is to give up my hopes and aspirations to become a PT so I can work at a fu**ing fast food fu** joint for the rest of my stupid fu**en life. great FU** IT!!! My money is slowly running out and these a** fu**s wanna shit on my face, its like they dont even have the fu**en common sense to think their so fu**en stupid. Been thinking about suicide but I cant seem to find my fu**ing tournequet that some fu**er took out of or hid in my room.

This has been the most fustrating days ive had in a long while, I have enough money to pay bills for up to 2 months thats it. Im about ready to go active duty again and say fu** it to all the hopes ive had at becoming successful, either that or suicide which is looking PRETTY FU**ING GOOD RIGHT ABOUT NOW!

Im not depressed, im really, really pissed off with this whole situation, Fu** Unemployment a**holes, fu** all the jobs that I applied to but never got a response, fu** my parents who created me, and fu** god for putting me in this situation (if there is one).
  2. beauutyy

beauutyy Well-Known Member

aww.well, just because the unemployment people are being retarded, doesnt mean you should stop school. i think you should continue doing what you are doing. if you are doing it to get a bigger and better opportunity in life i say go for it! hell,i start college in the fall and i know that i am going to be beyound broke,since i am going to a exspensive as school. but i dont plan on quitting cause i want make something out of my self. & i dont think you should kill yourself over this. you will make it through,and when you are livin it up with a better job,you will thankyourself for trying and working so hard.

stay strong!
  3. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

hey tom

glad to see you know what you want bud, you have an idea of what you want and how to get it its just these dicks are trying to fuck it up.
    but dont give up bud, there is always a way thru this so just find it, don't let the anger and dissapointment you feel put you off.

suicide isnt what you want tom, i can see that, you are stronger than this so dont give up.
    give all avenues some thought as to how you can carry on and earn some cash at the same time, maybe there are some benefits that you havent seen yet.

stay safe
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Keep actively looking for employment and continue on with your schooling. Do you qualify for FAFSA or any government aid to help with tuition? What about work study while in school? You know what you want so keep reaching toward that goal.It isn't beyond your grasp. Take care and stay safe. :hug:
  5. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

IT is possible to work and go to school at the same time. If you go out and put in 3 job applications a day for about a week, you should have a job very soon, you just have to commit to your education. If that is too overwhelming, you may consider taking a break from school, or getting your degree online while you work. Good luck!
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Tom! Have you checked with the college for openings? Alot of times they hire students for yard maintenance. They also usually give employees deals to attend there college. Also have you checked with your dorm father, they usually have five or six openings to hire floor monitors. It is fairly simple.
    What ever you decide, don't quit school you are on the right path to a better life!! Well keep posting so we can see what is happening with you. In the mean time I will rack my brain for you , to see if I can come up with any more ideas. Good Luck...:chopper:
  7. Tom88

Tom88 Member

Unfortunately I dont live in a dorm and college for me should be free so im not worried about that part, I have 2 bills that I have to pay for each month, my truck and insurance for it and together thats about 450-500 so it doesnt give me a whole lot of leeway. What I dont understand is that it feels like the unemployment people didnt even consider WHY I was going to school but rather that I wouldnt take a full time job if it interfered with my school schedule, and that I would take a full time job as long as I could schedule it around school. I've applied to so many places, but the best response I got was from Wendy's and that was 24 hours a week which is decent I guess but I need a full time so that I can actually be making money. Anyway ive been waiting on them to call me back but go figure I dont get any calls yesterday or the day before that. All im saying is there just seems like too much hassle to do what I need to do to get what I want, I mean youd think there would be much more outlined guidelines, and maybe a little help from the government then just the middle finger in my ass. I mean I wish I had that job of telling people yes or no to unemployment, I wouldnt even have to think about it, same as they do, easiest job ever. I am going to petition the unemployment decision so hopefully they actually take the time to look at it, as for a job theres not a whole lot left to apply for im just going to wait a few days hopefully something. I woke up this morning not wanting to wake up, im up, I might as well do something, but I really dont see a point and want to go back to sleep... theres no incentive.
  8. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Well, you're going to have to make some sacrifices here. No the government won't pay you to go to school. The government provides us with schooling until we graduate high school, and if you want to go to school beyond that, you need to find a way to make it work around your work schedule if your parents aren't paying your living expenses. You say your schooling will be free, so all you really need to do is really commit yourself to a job and an education. Why should the government pay for your living expenses while you go to school? If you want that, then join the army and they'll be happy to pay for your rent, food and schooling right up through med school if you want.

Also, many, many people work full-time and go to school as well while paying for their own schooling. It's difficult, but they do it.

Have you placed a follow-up call to Wendy's? Managers really like wen you take the initiative on your own because companies tend to get a lot of bullshit applications from people who don't necessarily want a job very much. Call them and ask to speak to the manager about your application.

Yes, it might be a "hassle" as you say, but if it is worth it to you, you will do what is necessary.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2008
  9. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

Erratic sleep patterns can pretty well mess up a person's life. Mine's not erratic - I just need 10-14 hours a day to cope.

There was a noticeable change in tone between your first and second posts. Thinking more clearly now? Working and going to school can be a huge challenge. It takes most of a student's paycheck just to pay necessities like food and rent (and pickup and insurance). That leaves very little for college. Summer's here. I should think you could find some sort of job, even if you have to settle for Wendy's. You get all the coffee you want if you work at Starbucks. Get your name in everywhere. It does take persistance.

10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You mentioned going back into the military, that is not as bad as it sounds. Go see your local recruiter and see what programs they have for going to school while you are active duty. The way the economy is now a days, you are better off being in.Free room and board,dental, medical,chow hall,and some other incentives I can't think of right now. Give it some serious thought, you have been in before so you no the drill. I hope the best for you!!:chopper:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.