• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Empathy Only Screwed up with meds again

cymbele

SF Supporter
I had a insomniac series of nights. So I asked the psychiatrist for some Ambien and promised I wouldn’t abuse it. He granted me 15 pills for 1x a night. Well I blew it. I took 2 two nights ago and it kept me asleep during a long drive yesterday. I fell asleep quickly last night and had a migraine this morning. I should flush those pills. I am dangerous with them. Grrrr

I’m forever misusing my meds and now I’ve disclosed this to my therapist she’s written a letter to my gp to tel him. Trouble is I’m addicted to them as well as Ive been doing it for so long now I’m scared of what will happen if the gp refuses to let me have any more. It’s so easy to get into bad habits. Never thought it would be me doing this but it sort of creeps up on you over time and you just don’t realise until it’s too late. Hope you’ve been a bit better these last few days. If I could have avoided this and realised what I was doing I might not have got myself into this mess. Too late for me, I’ve got to accept I’m a lost cause but I hope you don’t go down this route.

I’m forever misusing my meds and now I’ve disclosed this to my therapist she’s written a letter to my gp to tel him. Trouble is I’m addicted to them as well as Ive been doing it for so long now I’m scared of what will happen if the gp refuses to let me have any more. It’s so easy to get into bad habits. Never thought it would be me doing this but it sort of creeps up on you over time and you just don’t realise until it’s too late. Hope you’ve been a bit better these last few days. If I could have avoided this and realised what I was doing I might not have got myself into this mess. Too late for me, I’ve got to accept I’m a lost cause but I hope you don’t go down this route.
I'm sorry you are feeling bad. Nobody is a lost cause. Have you sought help for your addiction from a GP yet? Sending hugs *hug10*sadhug.

I spoke to my gp this evening. He knows but he’s not doing anything about it and has agreed to carry on prescribing them to me. He’s taking me off the antidepressants first and then we will work on the opioids. He seemed to get that I didn’t want to come off them anyway and that I want to carry on self harming with them.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00