"Scribbling" things out

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Isolde, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isolde

Isolde Active Member

Ok, I don't really know how stupid this is going to sound, but...

Is it a bad idea to scratch or scribble out a word that you cut into yourself? And by that I mean, I'd have to cut over an existing, but older, scar. I wrote a word into myself the last time I cut, and I really really regret it, and I don't want that word stuck with me for the rest of my life.

It's the only thing I can think of right now, and I'm not sure if I'm just being pessimistic about scar-reduction techniques, or if this is a realistic approach. In fact, I can't even say for sure that this isn't just some twisted way of justifying cutting again.

Thanks.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is not good to cut into an existing scar that will only do more damage there a creams to reduce the scars appearance and also laser therapy comes to mind or just cover it up with a skin tone base. No more harm okay You need to care for you now okay be kind to you.

3. barto

barto Well-Known Member

I have words cut int my arms and legs too ._. The one on my arm is nearly a year old and I can still read it...maybe that's because I know where to look, though. They might be just as visible as any of my other cuts. Could you let me know if you find anything? Sorry I couldn't help :/

4. total eclipse

If you go to the pharmacy you can get bio oil it is called it will fade scars and also a cream just to fade scars from burns or cuts even helps fade stretch marks the pharmacist will know what it is i think it is called ecoderm but there are many brands hugs to you

5. total eclipse

Also i saw a post hear that showed someone drawing a beautiful butterfly over their scars to cover them up and to prevent them for harming again look if i find it i will send it to you okay hugs.
    okay look under self harm in this forum okay that is where you will find aritcle on scar reduction and about the butterfly article very good reads okay hugs

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2011
  6. Isolde

Isolde Active Member

I was talking to an older friend of mine. She's a doctor, and her daughter, who's maybe about 6 years younger than me was cutting. He's getting her to use Mederma. My friend suggested I try that.

I've decided against scribbling out the scar.

I've been using the Mederma about twice a day for a week and a half now (I'm supposed to use it 3-4 times a day for 8 weeks [for the new scars]). So far there isn't much change, but that's not expected. I don't use it as much as I should because it's a bit expensive. I also moisturize my legs with aloe vera gel and regular moisturizer as well because I've heard that's supposed to help.

Total eclipse, thanks for the tip about the bio oil, and I'll definitely check out the other thread too. ^_^

FragileSmile,
    :hug:
    I'll let you know if it helps.

7. Isolde

Isolde Active Member

Oh, and that butterfly idea is really neat. I'd never heard of it.

8. barto

barto Well-Known Member

Thank you both : )

9. KimKim

KimKim Well-Known Member

over a year ago i had "hopeless" going from my bellybutton down to my hipbone...it has faded but you can still see parts of the h and the p...
    on my chest i had a butterfly...I'm almost sad it's not there anymore-was really pretty somehow. but i'm not gonna redo it ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.