Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Anni, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Anni

Anni Well-Known Member

I lost my best friend almost exactly a year ago.
    She'd been in and out of hospital for a while.

She was taken in on a Thursday evening and I waited for news.
    I fully expected her to be home a couple of days later. On Friday she took a bad turn.
    Someone mentioned her name on the Sunday and I believed with all my heart that they were saying she'd be let home or was recovering.
    She'd died on the Sunday morning.
    It absolutely crushed me, especially since I'd believed all along she'd be coming home.
    I've missed her so much since she died. She was so beautiful and happy. When something happens or I feel crap I still get my phone out as if to text her and then I remember. All I want is to see her once more and to see her smile and laugh.

I know she's in heaven because she was such an angel and I want to go and join her now. I want to be able to see her again and not think of her coffin when she is mentioned. Life is so unfair.
  2. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

:hug: so sorry to hear about your loss :arms: have you tried putting a scrap book together or something, that is full of happy memories, between you and others, just a thought :hug:
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

The first year is the hardest one it is. I know you hear this but it does get less the pain Try planting a tree in her name or a favorite flower She knows you miss her and she would only want you to be happy . I am glad you can post here as it does help to let the sadness out. take care