Season to be jolly.. and I'm pretty much far from it

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by FrainBart, Dec 3, 2012.

1. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

Me and my ex bf split up (my choice) a month or so ago. However, On my request we have not informed his family due to the abuse I would receive... and I want to be out of town when we do tell them eventually. However they are making me feel so disgusted. My ex's family are sickening. We are lucky that my ex's aunt keeps us in the loop about everything.

His mother has invited themselves round for boxing day in which they expect me to make a full on roast dinner. and pay for taxi fare there and back considering they only live a 20 minute walk down the road. On top of that whilst she was out spending money an elderly friend of hers lent her to get bits in she purchased 2 new phones for herself and her husband, and spent money on her other granddaughter and grandson. when asked (by my ex's sister) what she was getting esme (my daughter) for christmas, she said plainly have to wait and see, not getting her anything until I know what they are getting me.

I am fuming, and ever since she was born she has been treated differently to her cousin and forgotten ignored.

We stayed at my ex's aunts this weekend, in which his mother and father came round... neither of them said hello to me, and spent the whole time talking flemish to my ex, and they were apparently around to see esme... yet they said hello to her and ignored her the whole 4 hours they were there.

I am sick and tired of her being treated like some fucking bargaining chip. Why are some people so fucking disgraceful?
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

They just confirm your reasons for getting out, although we cannot be faulted for our family...what your ex neglected to do was care for you...even if you are not together, just out of good manners he should not have acted that just gives you more reasons to pack your stuff and get on the road
  3. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

The best thing is - you've made a choice to split from him. From there you can look to move somewhere else (covering all areas that you need to), and look to build up better for both her and yourself. Family mediation to put it in writing that he gets to see her once a week or so, that if things go wrong and you know he's lying (99 times out of 100 he would do, so it's proving things), you'd have every right to stop access. That way, both you and her would be free from that sickening fraudulent manipulative family. (apart from his aunt, who I have tons of respect for, and her partner).
  4. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

I think I am more annoyed with him as she had asked him, and never informed me thinking it would be an easy "oh i didnt know they were coming" He has left them to spring abuse at me, but if I were to even consider telling them to leave me alone he has told me to "be the bigger person" and I sick and tired of them all shitting on me
  5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Know what, stick two fingers up to the lot of them! believe you me it will be no loss to your daughter to not see grandparents that ignore her.
    My father's mother never had any time for me, me being a worthless girl, and having no relationship with her didnt bother me in the least.
    Time for you to do what's right for you and yours and sod everyone else!
  6. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I have to agree with terry. Being told to be the bigger person (maturity wise), by someone with no spine to tell his parents to stop being immature and grow up - is laughable