Second Thoughts

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by atercarus, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atercarus

atercarus Member

Well I suppose this isn't strictly a survival tale but I wanted to share it with you all anyway.
    As some of you knew, I decided to end things, I wanted out. And I'd planned everything so carefully but then I stood there as I was about to do it. And I thought 'why?' because all of a sudden it seemed so pointless to end it. I couldn't do it.
    And I thought about what drove me to it and realised I was incredibly selfish for wanting to end it because some of the problems were my own fault. And then I thought about others and the problems they have. Instead of trying to commit a selfish act I could better my life and help others do the same.
    Suicide isn't an option for me anymore. At least not for a very long time, for who can say what the future holds?
    But thanks for the help and support you on here have shown me. It means a lot.

2. 12years

12years Well-Known Member

In the bigger scheme of things, I don't think anything is anyone's fault--they just happen. It's good that you want to try to fix your problems (and others'), though. Hope everyone realizes things aren't always as hopeless as they may seem. :biggrin:

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Glad to hear you have changed your way of looking at things. I wish you success on your journey. :hug:

4. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

i'm so glad you changed your mind. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.