Second week of threatened hospitaliization

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by kushioncut, Aug 25, 2012.

1. kushioncut

kushioncut Active Member

I went to my therapy appt this week. I read somewhere on here that if you have a hard time talking about something, to write it down for your therapist. I wrote out a list of things that I wanted to discuss. For the second week in a row, my counselor pulled out her suicide risk assessment form, and brought in her supervisor for a second opinion if i needed to be put in the hospital. They encouraged me to go voluntarliy, i said no. They came up with what i consider a baby safety plan that wont work, but I agreed to it fearing if I didnt they would have me commited.

They also suggest that I go to the county mental health clinic and join a DBT group. I refused to do the group, because I am a county employee, but agreed if there was a private therapist in the area that could provide it to me. I just researched it online and it looks basic. I am wondering if anyone has ever had DBT therapy. Does this mean my therapist is saying she cant help me? I read a lot of things that really turned me off on DBT. Anyone have a positive experience with it?

2. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

I've done DBT inpatient and outpatient. I used to be diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. I found some of it really helpful, like the distractions and self-soothing. I think it's different for everyone. But if your doctor is suggesting it, I would try it. It might be helpful to you. I hope you are able to find something that does help, whether it be DBT or something else.