Sectioned - pros and cons

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, let me list my problems.

Asperger's Syndrome
Severe Depression
Acute Anxiety Disorder
Adjustment Disorder (even I don't know what that one is)
Temporarily disabled (broke leg in six places last October - still using a stick)
Absolutely no friends whatsoever - completely isolated existence.

I spent the whole of September 2009 in psychiatric hospital due to suicidality. I was again admitted in February for two weeks for the same reason.

I'm now again at my wit's end and I'm very suicidal again. I've been in touch with the crisis team from the hospital but another admission is looking unlikely. They act as gatekeepers to deny admissions whenever possible.

I've already spoken to my mother about getting me sectioned. That way, the hospital would have to take me back in. Can anyone tell me what the downsides of getting sectioned are (apart from being incarcerated, which frankly I would welcome at the moment).

Adam

jenniferelaine

I'm confused.

Are you in the US? Or are you in a different country? Because I have to watch what I say to NOT be admitted to the hospital. I thought if you told a crisis team at a hospital "If you don't admit me to the hospital, I am going to jump in front of traffic" (or something equally lethal), they WILL admit you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00