• Hi - if you have tried to donate and found that it hasn't worked please can you hit me up in PM? (Freya) I am trying to figure out with paypal what the issue is and they are asking for more data. It doesn't seem to be affecting everyone. Thank you so much :)
  • The SF mobile app is available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. It will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you receive a private message, etc. Chat is not accessible on the app as it conflicts with the software on the site. The links to download are in the resources area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

security

1964dodge

when you help people you help yourself
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Thanks, no rush. I thought something was wrong with my phone. *yes*thumbsup

Yes Mike. A teenager hit me while picking up my daughter from school. Thank goodness all kids safe.
that's good, metal can be replaced people can't

Walker

Primate Admin
Staff member
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Supporter
Okay, so I've notified Ben but he's been off having surgery and isn't really able to reply. It's the middle of the might for Lu.
As far as I can tell this is an innocuous issue so while it's annoying and a pain in the butt isn't not harmful or an actual security issue.

not a issue, this is just the HTTPS certificate I set up being invalidated with time, it just means your data is not verified with a certification authority, they will get if fixed, your data is fine, and it is still encrypted it is just that something expired and they need to hit a button to renew it so google says ok, yep still good.

~Your old site admin,,

I check in from time to time, now back breaking the internet

1964dodge

when you help people you help yourself
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Okay, so I've notified Ben but he's been off having surgery and isn't really able to reply. It's the middle of the might for Lu.
As far as I can tell this is an innocuous issue so while it's annoying and a pain in the butt isn't not harmful or an actual security issue.
we told you to pay the bill matt *bleh

Petal

SF Number 1 Fan
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Right? Gosh. Everyone go throw money down on the donations now so we can get a new certificate. sheesh
I know you are kidding but does the certificate cost a lot? Just curious.

I was scared to log in but took my chances lol

Walker

Primate Admin
Staff member
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Supporter
I know you are kidding but does the certificate cost a lot? Just curious.
I am kidding - just to be clear for anyone who didn't catch that haha

No, it's not actually.
It's really only a matter of someone waking up who has access to such things. I don't have such powers around here. ;)

Walker

Primate Admin
Staff member
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Supporter
I was scared to log in but took my chances
Yes, ordinarily one should worry about a certificate error if you were going to, say, enter your information on the site - your credit card info or other personal data. But since SF isn't keeping anything personal about you there is nothing to worry about at all in this instance.

Petal

SF Number 1 Fan
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I am kidding - just to be clear for anyone who didn't catch that haha

No, it's not actually.
It's really only a matter of someone waking up who has access to such things. I don't have such powers around here. ;)
lol I see. Well in that case its not such a big issue as it appears to be when i was trying to log on, it was telling me attackers might be stealing info, i was afraid we had fallen victim to a hacker. Thank you for the reassurance :)

Petal

SF Number 1 Fan
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Yes, ordinarily one should worry about a certificate error if you were going to, say, enter your information on the site - your credit card info or other personal data. But since SF isn't keeping anything personal about you there is nothing to worry about at all in this instance.
Very true, good point, thanks Matt :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$130.00
Goal
$255.00