See No Point in Living

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by 12years, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12years

12years Well-Known Member

I'm not actively suicidal, I just see no point in living. I don't feel like I'm alive anyway, I'm just existing. I wake up, I go to work, and I try to survive the day before I go back to bed. I have poor social skills, which have gotten me into trouble because I don't really "connect" with others the way normal people do. I have literally no one who knows me. If I were to die no one would notice until a funny smell started coming out of my apartment. I doubt anyone would attend the funeral, since I'm not one of those people who other people secretly like. People just don't know me. I keep to myself like you can't believe it.

I was a lot more optimistic 12 years ago. But if 12 years have passed and nothing in your life has changed although you've gone from a little kid to a grown-up, you just know this is pretty much what you're stuck with for the rest of your life.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forums.

I'm glad you reached out here for support. A lot of us will be able to relate to your post! Are you seeing a doctor/ therapist for your depression? :hug:

3. pinkpanther85

pinkpanther85 Member

I can honestly say I have felt the same way over the years. I know it probably sounds cliche, but sometimes what helps is just saying f*ck it and getting out there. I know its easier said than done (believe me) but once you actually break the cycle it does get easier.

I bet you are actually a really great person that people would love to be around if they knew the real you (and by real you I mean the person stuck inside your body waiting for the chance to actually live).

You are right in that existing is not living because it isn't. Existing only offers you 1/10th (if that) of what living can give you. Lets face it, life is short, too short to just exist.

Perhaps seeing a counsellor or pyschologist may help?

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey sounds like social anxiety i hope you are getting some help for it so you can get stronger and start living You reach out here now take next step and reach out and get professional help okay a talk therapist anyone to finally give you support you need to stop this cycle of lonliness. Take care glad you are here you will make good friends hereand we care abt each other here.

5. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

What makes you not feel alive? Living in the past? Confined with regrets? social anxiety? the only cure is to reach out to others. Show the world you are there, or at least one acquintance for a start. You can survive being alone, just think about it and realize you have nothing to fear when your feel dead already.

6. 12years

12years Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'm depressed. I'm not so much negative as I am... neutral. I have no intention of seeing a counselor/therapist/psychologist, mostly because they can't tell me anything I don't already know. All my problems come from my inability to express myself verbally anyway. If I were to see them, I doubt our session would be productive enough for me to want to come back.

Social anxiety? I have a history of that, but these days I keep to myself not because I'm anxious of social situations but because I wouldn't know what to do in a social situation.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2009
  7. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

I have pretty bad overall anxiety too, and I too am going what you're going through too. I find it even hard taking my own advice but... here it goes. Anxiety is like living in a box and just making the best of whats inside that box. Eventually the toys start to bore you in the small box, then you feel desperate and tired of 'this' life. You feel all that is you is within the box. Might be hard to realize but anxiety has gotten a hold of you, while your holding on to it too because it's all you got left to make you feel alive. Sorry if Im wrong. but yea anyway. Try doing different things in life you havent done. Change up routine, explore. Dont be afraid to lose whats even left is what i tell myself. Fight Anxiety with life. Look outside the box, theres a whole bigger world out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.