See no reason to be here

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bruces, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I can't see any reason to live I hate the person i am I hate having depression and ocd I can't think straight and I also have psoriasis,I hate my job and I have no partner I feel miserable all day every day it's fair to say I can't stand life so whats my reason to carry on I struggle to see one.

2. reynard_muldrake

reynard_muldrake Well-Known Member

How would you feel about looking for a new job? And are you receiving any help?

3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am sorry to hear that you are down. Please do not act on your feelings as life is important. Depression and ocd is not a good combination but you need to set small goals to achieve each day. Is there a social club or activity you can join in your local area (if it's possible). Set you self small goals and see if you can achieve them, if not then it does not matter. It's about living on a day by day basis. Please look after yourself and keep posting for support.

4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Really , despite what seems like a bunch of complex and difficult problems a lot of people face, the answer is relatively simple. Things very very very seldom change (at east in a good way) until something changes. The something that needs to change in this and most situations is the person that is not happy with things. Change jobs, change medication or treatment programs for the depression and OCD, change what you do after work or on weekends, change medications for the psoriasis, doesn't matter what it is but until you decide to make a change in your daily life from work a job you hate, drink a lot to make up for it every night (from other posts), and post the same complaints with no actual details so nobody can even offer any legitimate advice, while just waiting for something to get better is not going to work.

There are a lot of peopel here to support you and encourage or motivate you, but it is all useless unless some type of change comes from you or at least consideration for changing something that is making your life miserable. If you hate everything about your life and job -

What type of work do you do? Is it the type of work you want to change or just the place/employer?

What are you currently doing to combat the depression and OCD? Whatever it is clearly is not working at all so it seems obvious that needs to change.

Have you asked anybody out or done anything to meet a partner? What prevents you from doing that? It is a common problem with a lot of different approaches that can work depending on the individual. .

Have you tried the steroidal treatments for the psoriasis? They have amazing results for a lot of people and many are now in the form of a shot once every 3-4 months so it is very easy and convenient. If not those what have you done to make it better in the last few months?

If you would just describe some actual issues as opposed to a couple diagnosis then people want ot help you and offer support and advice. It is not necessarily easy to change things, but as miserable as you seem to be I doubt it would be any more painful or difficult for you to do something different than to continue feeling the same misery every day. There comes a point where there is little downside to changing things and if you hate everything in your life then I would guess that you are at that point.

Take Care and Be Safe

Ben

5. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I think to be honest I've probably had issues since I was a child I can remember as a young child worrying myself silly about things so I think the depression is very deep seated,I've had times in my life when I have been at a better place than I am now but wouldn't be accurate to say I've ever been truly happy(maybe I'm simply expecting to much I don't know) but I know the constant suicidal thoughts arnt normal,it's likely that I havnt ever felt completely normal,I've had so many therapys and meds but it's probably my mindset that isn't right,I've always been such a negative thinker and never been content with things I seem to have inherited that from my mum who has never really been happy either

6. ub3

ub3 Banned Member

I was going to look at your past posts . But i decided to be spontaneous and non judgemental of your history. Im sure it would educate and paint a more absolute picture but as i said i choose not to. Ok so its 2015 already! Before we know it , it will be spring then summer, autum winter, and 2016. Time! Moves in mysterious ways. They say it flys when your having fun. But a miserable existence seems to waist away at a similar pace. Anyway back to spontaneity. Right now in this moment I send you sensitivity understanding and humanity. We all have our crosses to bear! Some hide it better than others. Theres a saying if we all walked into a room and left our problems in a plastic bag in the middle of the room, when we were leaving, we would all be happy to pick up our own bags lol I found that in my own personal journey when resulting to victim mode this stupid little saying helped. Alot of stupid little sayings helped provided i was/am willing to focus my attention on there being a solution and that even I to am capable of evoking a fortitude within that can overcome any given situation. I hope you receive my message in better spirits than when you dared to be vulnerable and reach out for help. I respect you for your honesty and am here if i can help you in any way.

7. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

It's good that you're at least able to work. I wouldn't be able to.

8. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I do but it's certainly a struggle it's just hard when you feel this way everyday I don't enjoy life at all

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Bruces are you off work today? If so, go out and do something fun. Maybe go to the cinema or bowling or poker, go out and have a lovely meal, treat yourself because you deserve it, you do not deserve to be suffering this way.

10. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

None of us deserve to suffer but sadly we do and I don't know what can be done,I worry so much about things

11. Petal

As the saying goes ''don't worry about things that are not in your control''. So much easier said but it's a logical statement. I hope your torment eases. :hug:

12. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I can't stop ruminating about things they just get on top of me I never get any peace unless I'm asleep but as soon as the morning comes it's straight back into it it's exhausting and I can't keep doing it I just want peace :(

13. Petal

Are you religious? If so do you find any comfort in that?
    I can relate, I remember a few years ago (2010 to be exact)I was on very heavy medications and kept putting myself to sleep day and night, in the end I ended up very sick on a heart monitor. It was peace for me, my mind was hurt, too many thoughts going through to be able to deal with, It was hard but with therapy and homework the therapist gave me I got better again. It did take time but I'm now depression free so it can be done.

14. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

No I'm afraid not religious at all I'm struggling to find a reason to live

15. Petal

Ok. Keep fighting these thoughts, when they get intense they will usually pass after a while. Has something in particular happened to make you feel this way?

16. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

The thoughts are very intense and about so many different things they keep coming and coming they never stop and the thoughts of suicide are so intense

17. Petal

Since they are that intense maybe you need to go to ER/A &? E?

'cos there is only so much a peer to peer support forum can do, if you feel in grave danger please ring the crisis team or go to the hospital. I think that would be in your best interests now. I wish there was something I could do to help.

18. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I've felt like this for years to be honest

19. ub3

ub3 Banned Member

keep on keeping on! you arwe not alone! we are here for you!

20. Petal

If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.