Seeing and hearing things, paranoia?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by ali-wali, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ali-wali

ali-wali Well-Known Member

I've had a really bad night tonight. I haven't really opened up on here. For the past few months now I've had this horrible sickening feeling that someone is watching me. All day my curtains are shut and I dardnt even go into a room that hasn't got any curtains. I tried going to bed this morning at 7:30 and I heard this noise in my attack, i ignored it and then it kept happening like someone was walking on the floorboards, I ran out of my room and downstairs so fast. I'm so paranoid and I know that but it's scaring me so much I've never felt my heart beat that fast. Another thing is when I'm in a car and the driver is going abit fast I see us crashing, I feel sooo idiotic saying this. The other day I screamed out loud, and now insist on my dad driving below 20mph. My phone rings and I jump out of my skin, the toaster pops and I run. My head is just full of sick stuff and I can't get rid of it and I can't tell anybody because I sound so stupid. What should I do? How do I explain stuff like this? Their just going to think I'm bullshitting. Gahh Sat in the living room with the curtains shut and the telly on full blast to drown out all the noises :'(

2. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

I suffer very very much the same, although im on zyprexa now and it does help a hell of a lot. what you need to do is wait untill you have a good day then go to the doctors. it sounds hard but if need be the doctors will come out to you. tell them what its like and dont hold back, that was my biggest problem for a long while. You need to tell them EXACTLY how it is or they will just tell you to face your fears. they wont realise its a serious problem unless you tell them.
    In the mean time stay strong and keep safe.

3. ali-wali

ali-wali Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for your reply I appreciate it. And I went to the doctors a few years ago just after I had an abortion, I told him how low I felt and why I felt this way. He told me I didn't have depression because I have a reason to be depressed... Still don't quite understand but since then I've never got the balls to go back in cos' he'll just shoot me down after everything I say. I was at the time only 15 so he might of just thought I was on my period? God knows I'll try and go in this week. thankyou for the advice xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.