1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeing events unfold infront of my eyes

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Ed., Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed.

Ed. Well-Known Member

I have an exam for my university course in 18 hours. I have done very little preparation for it. I'd had a lot of coursework to do recently so my attention had been focused on that, I then got somewhat lazy at the start of January, I almost left my girlfriend because I couldn't handle her needs and my own at the same time, I tried reading some course material but it just made my head spin and I couldn't breathe, this has never happened to me before.

A couple of days ago my girlfriends mum died, it was unexpected and a shock to everyone, my girlfriend is a mess, so I need to look after her and be strong for her, again every time I look at notes my head spins, throbs, and I lose my breathe, I then procrastinate, but not your average procrastinating, walking downstairs, then upstairs, then down again and to the basement, then back upstairs, switching off the light, switching on the light, and I don't notice what I'm doing till about 7 or 8 in the evening, and now, it is the 17th and my exam is on the 18th and I am going to fail it, and my work for other modules has been poor, and the lab work for this module I am assuming is terrible, so I will fail this course, and I can't continue it if I fail it, I can't repeat a year as I already had to do extra work last year, this is the second course I have started, I don't know what the hell my problems is.

I will fail, I will need to get a job, I will no longer be able to live at my house, I will have to go back to where my parents live, I won't see my girlfriend, I don't think I'd want to see her, I don't think I'd want her, I can't move back in with my parents, but I couldn't afford to live anywhere else, I won't be able to handle it, I'll keep drinking, I'll become everything I hate, there'd only be one solution, it seems trivial, it seems pathetic, it is pathetic, I am pathetic, I'm not superman, everybody wants something.

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Hi Ed,
    I wrote you a PM so please check your box. I have done the same thing you have by putting myself in a corner..sounds like you have a lot of anxiety right now, I know i did when I was in your place...well check your PM
    Bambi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.